Signal of Overworking/Studying? (University)

Watch
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So at my accomodation I know here are a lot of music people on my block, but from around 8:30am to like 7/8PM I hear the instruments going off and was wondering how many hours would ou need to do and whether maybe it is a sign some are overworking?

Since my course begins on the 5th October and it is practical, how long would you say as a full time course that someone would have to work for during the Covid pandemic
Panos Bas.Ser.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
So at my accomodation I know here are a lot of music people on my block, but from around 8:30am to like 7/8PM I hear the instruments going off and was wondering how many hours would ou need to do and whether maybe it is a sign some are overworking?

Since my course begins on the 5th October and it is practical, how long would you say as a full time course that someone would have to work for during the Covid pandemic
Personally, I thing that the term "overworking" is very subjective. Especially when it comes to musical instruments and other forms of art, not only does practice make perfect, but it really is the only way to achieve "perfect". People have different levels of tolerance and they also practice using different ways so it really is about finding the sweet spot with balancing strategicly the effort in order to maximize productivity and minimize exhaustion. 12 hours of practice though do seem like a big exaggeration, but I can see that some people might have the patience to pull this off, and as long as they don't disregard their health (mental and physical) I wouldn't see why practicing so much would be bad for them.

As for your second question, I take it in your degree is practical enough to be compared to instrument playing so I would suggest that you practice as if you were attending normally. You will get a feel for it when classes start so I wouldn´t worry about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.52%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
12.82%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (164)
38.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.72%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (83)
19.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.36%

Watched Threads