Doctoral Loan, payments split over six years but I intend to finish in five.

Watch
HdotMur
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi there,

I am due to commence my EdD in October this year. I intend to complete this within five years; my supervisor thinks this is achievable with my project proposal and my employer needs me finished in that time frame. All the programme information states that it takes 5-6 years to complete.

When I go to apply for the doctoral loan, the programme length is set at 6 years. Does this mean that the only option is to have the payments split over this period? I have no intention of completing a sixth year so it seems a little bizarre.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by HdotMur)
Hi there,

I am due to commence my EdD in October this year. I intend to complete this within five years; my supervisor thinks this is achievable with my project proposal and my employer needs me finished in that time frame. All the programme information states that it takes 5-6 years to complete.

When I go to apply for the doctoral loan, the programme length is set at 6 years. Does this mean that the only option is to have the payments split over this period? I have no intention of completing a sixth year so it seems a little bizarre.
Hi, the university upload the courses to the database, if there should be a 5 year version then you should ask them to update the database.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads