can i transfer unis but stay in accommodation for another uni

Watch
unistudent6969
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ive sorted everything to go into accommodation at a certain uni, the accommodation and student village is really nice and seems fun, but my first choice has suddenly pulled through and said i can go there. the unis are very close so proximity wouldnt be an issue at all as theyre both in the same city, but would this be allowed? the accommodation is in a student vilage for a certain uni but not actually uni owned
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unistudent6969)
ive sorted everything to go into accommodation at a certain uni, the accommodation and student village is really nice and seems fun, but my first choice has suddenly pulled through and said i can go there. the unis are very close so proximity wouldnt be an issue at all as theyre both in the same city, but would this be allowed? the accommodation is in a student vilage for a certain uni but not actually uni owned
Only the accommodation can tell you.
If its just private owned then you should be ok as they are just bothered where they get their money.
If they have an agreement with the uni, then less likely.
Ask.
mkstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If its something like Unite or IQ then the universities are just "resellers" and your contract is direct with the accomodation provider who don't care.

The only downside is that you would be sharing with students from the other uni. If you haven't moved in yet and the provider has multiple accomodation choices in the city they might allow you to swap to another property that is allocated to your new uni - call them and see.

If the accomodation belongs to the university then they might take a different view.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads