aam2ukuniv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello dears

I have a BA in Software Enginerring, I want to study Japanese so I would like to apply for MA in Japanese. Is that allowed? Any possible restrictions that I need to know about?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aam2ukuniv)
Hello dears

I have a BA in Software Enginerring, I want to study Japanese so I would like to apply for MA in Japanese. Is that allowed? Any possible restrictions that I need to know about?
You want to do a master's degree in Japanese, right? Are you wanting to study the language as well as the society/politics of Japan or just the society/politics bit? There are a few universities that let you study either aspect even if your background is in something completely different. :rambo:
aam2ukuniv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Actually I was intending for a Bachelor, which I came to understand in Scotland called MA ! where BA is lesser 3-year-degree ? I'm not really sure how it is in Scotland.My favored priority is actually the language itself, but I wouldn't mind anything additional on top of that.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aam2ukuniv)
Actually I was intending for a Bachelor, which I came to understand in Scotland called MA ! where BA is lesser 3-year-degree ? I'm not really sure how it is in Scotland.My favored priority is actually the language itself, but I wouldn't mind anything additional on top of that.
Is there a reason you don't want to do a postgraduate degree with intensive Japanese language classes?
forest3261
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think there are any restrictions, other than the potential need to have studied a language at school (apologies as I'm not sure if you are a UK or international student). Most students studying Japanese have no experience of the language before they start their course at university, so other than the usual administrative requirements of your chosen university, you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (74)
14.48%
I'm not sure (20)
3.91%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (166)
32.49%
I have already dropped out (11)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (240)
46.97%

Watched Threads