Not wanting to feel pretty

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it normal that I’m fed up with people telling me I’m pretty ? Like okay, that’s nice from them but I’m so fed up that people only focus on the outside...
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it normal that I’m fed up with people telling me I’m pretty ? Like okay, that’s nice from them but I’m so fed up that people only focus on the outside...
Plenty of people are shallow like that. Some it will be a compliment. If you are still at school you are likely to grow out of it. If its older then just dress down and use minimal make up. the key skill is being able to read people and id the genuine ones who mostly like you for you beyond just looks.
bethwantsdeath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dont worry, a lot of people will probably be initially attracted to you, but if they just want to be with you cause youre pretty, they wont be there for long. they might just want sex or something. but your personality will make people genuinely interested in you, and those are the people that’ll stay and be more genuine towards you without a motive. i hope that made sense.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you expect them to be focusing on?

They don't know you so that's the first thing they see, your appearance.

It doesn't mean they only focus on the outside, if you gave them a chance they might get to know who you really are instead of dismissing people who appear shallow to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise