Adult Nursing course load

Watch
Tewe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I got a place at BCU to study Adult Nursing. I am a mature student and want to know how the year 1-time table looks like. I want to make a plan and preparation.
Thank you
Tracey_W
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tewe)
Hi,
I got a place at BCU to study Adult Nursing. I am a mature student and want to know how the year 1-time table looks like. I want to make a plan and preparation.
Thank you
You'll get your timetable once you start your course.
Typically its mixture of university studying/lectures & practical theory's. Plus out on placements either at GP surgeries or at hospitals - hospitals maybe 12.5 hours shifts working weekends/nightshifts & dayshifts on wards or in A&E with your days off, If its outpatients department then its about 8.30/9am till about 5.30/6pm perhaps . as for GP surgeries its from about 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday with day of during week same with outpatient departments with weekend off.

Generally your placements are around 7/8 weeks blocks as same with university time, you'll do about 3 placements first year, same in second year and your last year it is 2 placements.

Due to covid19 & some universities doing mixture of both online learning & face to face learning you may have to do less placements this year but will be made up in future years.

Emily_B
Do you wish to add anymore to this
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
You'll get your timetable once you start your course.
Typically its mixture of university studying/lectures & practical theory's. Plus out on placements either at GP surgeries or at hospitals - hospitals maybe 12.5 hours shifts working weekends/nightshifts & dayshifts on wards or in A&E with your days off, If its outpatients department then its about 8.30/9am till about 5.30/6pm perhaps . as for GP surgeries its from about 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday with day of during week same with outpatient departments with weekend off.

Generally your placements are around 7/8 weeks blocks as same with university time, you'll do about 3 placements first year, same in second year and your last year it is 2 placements.

Due to covid19 & some universities doing mixture of both online learning & face to face learning you may have to do less placements this year but will be made up in future years.

Emily_B
Do you wish to add anymore to this
Only thing I'd add is that there's also district nurse and health visitor placements, usually 9-5 Mon-Fri. Other than that would just reiterate this.
Tracey_W
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Only thing I'd add is that there's also district nurse and health visitor placements, usually 9-5 Mon-Fri. Other than that would just reiterate this.
I think I covered that under the GP surgeries placement as that would perhaps take all of that in ?
Tewe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is so helpful. Thank you very much.
But can you give me a hint of the number of lectures in a week?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (35)
21.6%
No (127)
78.4%

Watched Threads