The-judge-16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m really struggling with it, there is just so much information to memorise!!! Also would business a level work well with my other subjects (geography and sociology).

Many thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The-judge-16)
I’m really struggling with it, there is just so much information to memorise!!! Also would business a level work well with my other subjects (geography and sociology).

Many thanks
Biology is really tricky, and it is so important to get on top of it and stay organised. You can do it, if you're willing to put in that extra work to make sure you can achieve it. However, is biology relevant to what you want to do in future? If not, then definitely swap for business as you'll be so much happier.
The-judge-16
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Biology is really tricky, and it is so important to get on top of it and stay organised. You can do it, if you're willing to put in that extra work to make sure you can achieve it. However, is biology relevant to what you want to do in future? If not, then definitely swap for business as you'll be so much happier.
Originally I was intending to do biology at university, but I guess it’s just to difficult for me. Now I’m not really sure what I want to do?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Originally I was intending to do biology at university, but I guess it’s just to difficult for me. Now I’m not really sure what I want to do?
What career did you have in mind?
The-judge-16
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What career did you have in mind?
I was going to work in the nhs, however judging by how poorly I feel like I’m doing in biology at the moment I’m not sure tbh. I’m also possibly considering doing law at university.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was going to work in the nhs, however judging by how poorly I feel like I’m doing in biology at the moment I’m not sure tbh. I’m also possibly considering doing law at university.
I think you should have a chat with your head of year or a careers person at your school and ask for their advice. If you're considering a career in law, then business could be useful. You don't necessarily need biology for a career in the NHS, depending on what you want to do specifically. Maybe you could sit down with your parents and spend an afternoon researching different options and careers and see what suits you. This is the difficulty with being expected to know what career you want to do when you're so young, because nobody really has a clue and it can be quite confusing. So don't feel too unsure or scared at the moment because you do have a lot of time to figure out your ultimate goal. But if biology isn't agreeing with you, then swapping to business may be the best thing for you.
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're thinking about doing law then it may not be a good thing to do business alongside sociology as you would then have two 'soft subjects'. Something like history/English would perhaps be more suitable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.43%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.27%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (610)
48.64%

Watched Threads