Have your say: 2021 exams could be held in public buildings instead of schools

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our 2021 exams could be held in public buildings instead of schools article.

Read the full 2021 exams could be held in public buildings instead of schools article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Advertisement
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well exams should go ahead.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why couldnt this be done in 2020, we went into lockdown in April, though hopefully i think 2021 should be fine
Advertisement
Medi-cry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its stupid imo
government should just take the L

No matter what next yrs exams will not be fair. Different lengths of face-face teaching, more independent learning for others. Really ruins thing for disadvantaged students.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tam13)
Here's where you can post a comment about our 2021 exams could be held in public buildings instead of schools article.

Read the full 2021 exams could be held in public buildings instead of schools article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
love how this wasn't done for the 2020 exams... this is what should have happened to the 2020 exams along with mask wearing during the exams, wearing gloves etc.
Advertisement
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd rather have this than delayed exams. Also where the heck would I sit my exam? (I do them in a classroom not hall)
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Medi-cry)
Its stupid imo
government should just take the L

No matter what next yrs exams will not be fair. Different lengths of face-face teaching, more independent learning for others. Really ruins thing for disadvantaged students.
They have no choice but to have exams go ahead. People don't want standardisation of CAGs, and CAGs are almost useless without at least the threat of standardisation, (there was massive inflation even with a lot of schools lowballing, imagine what it'd have been without that) so that's a non-starter now.
Advertisement
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think are making up too many plans without thinking about them carefully. Next week we will probably hear something different. 🙄
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
I'd rather have this than delayed exams. Also where the heck would I sit my exam? (I do them in a classroom not hall)
I imagine some people would still do them in schools, just not everyone so you could still sit yours in a classroom.
I think the government will avoid a repeat of what happened this year at any cost - the fact that teacher predicted grades got used was something that no one considered fair. Even the A level cohort who benefitted did not consider them fair unless they got given at least their UCAS predicted grades or preferably higher as they all knew they would have done better in the exams
Advertisement
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
I imagine some people would still do them in schools, just not everyone so you could still sit yours in a classroom.
I think the government will avoid a repeat of what happened this year at any cost - the fact that teacher predicted grades got used was something that no one considered fair. Even the A level cohort who benefitted did not consider them fair unless they got given at least their UCAS predicted grades or preferably higher as they all knew they would have done better in the exams
True
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.57%
I'm not sure (56)
4.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.3%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (587)
48.59%

Watched Threads