The Student Room Group

Did I do wrong, choosing these GCSEs ?

So I am 2 weeks in my GCSE course and I am beginning to think that I didn't choose the right subjects (music, P.E. and French). I am thinking that music wasn't right for me. I am interested in physics and maths for A-levels ,so will this affect my future in A-levels?

Any advice will help.
Reply 1
You will be able to take Maths at A Level regardless. Whether or not you can take Physics A Level is dependent on your school, some require Triple Science GCSEs which is sometimes an option, sometimes not, you will have to check.
If you're thinking of swapping, better do it sooner than later! It'll be harder to catch up with missed content the later you decide to swap.
What would you swap music for? Physics? If you're not already doing physics gcse then I would definitely swap to that.
Original post by Rodrigo Sobral
So I am 2 weeks in my GCSE course and I am beginning to think that I didn't choose the right subjects (music, P.E. and French). I am thinking that music wasn't right for me. I am interested in physics and maths for A-levels ,so will this affect my future in A-levels?

Any advice will help.

If your don't love music, save your self a lot of time, sweat, blood and tears by not doing it.

As you will still be studying combined sciences, providing you get a high enough grade, you will still be able to do physics at a level.
Original post by hajima
You will be able to take Maths at A Level regardless. Whether or not you can take Physics A Level is dependent on your school, some require Triple Science GCSEs which is sometimes an option, sometimes not, you will have to check.

Original post by neko no basu
If you're thinking of swapping, better do it sooner than later! It'll be harder to catch up with missed content the later you decide to swap.
What would you swap music for? Physics? If you're not already doing physics gcse then I would definitely swap to that.

I can't drop physics, it is compulsory. I am doing physics.
Original post by hajima

Original post by neko no basu

I can't drop physics, it is compulsory. I am doing physics.
Original post by glassalice
If your don't love music, save your self a lot of time, sweat, blood and tears by not doing it.

As you will still be studying combined sciences, providing you get a high enough grade, you will still be able to do physics at a level.

Thank you for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest