royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If someone got 10 As and a C do they have to mention the C?
nursingstudentuk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
I'm not sure you necessarily have to mention the C. But depending on how many GCSEs you have, they may wondering why you have less GCSEs if you leave it out. Anyways, a C is a good pass, and definitely worth mentioning on your cv! What I usually do is put maths/english at the top of the list (as that is what they are most interested in usually), then I put all the best grades near the top of the list, and put the rubbish ones right down the bottom lol. C is nothing to be ashamed of. Perfectly good grade. Id mention it, if anything it means youve done more GCSEs than if you dont, and thats better!!
royalty1702
Rep:
?
(Original post by nursingstudentuk)
I'm not sure you necessarily have to mention the C. But depending on how many GCSEs you have, they may wondering why you have less GCSEs if you leave it out. Anyways, a C is a good pass, and definitely worth mentioning on your cv! What I usually do is put maths/english at the top of the list (as that is what they are most interested in usually), then I put all the best grades near the top of the list, and put the rubbish ones right down the bottom lol. C is nothing to be ashamed of. Perfectly good grade. Id mention it, if anything it means youve done more GCSEs than if you dont, and thats better!!
thing is if you mention 10As surely it's ok because a lot of people do 10 gcses
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it is on the same certificate as some of the other grades they may ask to see to prove then declare it.
royalty1702
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
If it is on the same certificate as some of the other grades they may ask to see to prove then declare it.
what do you mean the same certificate?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is the CV for?

Most people would just put 11 GCSE A* to C including English and Maths. For UCAS every grade must be declared.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do you mean the same certificate
All the GCSE results for the same exam board taken in the same exam season appear on the same certificate. If you need to show it to prove your A grades then they will see the C, so be honest from the start.
royalty1702
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
All the GCSE results for the same exam board taken in the same exam season appear on the same certificate. If you need to show it to prove your A grades then they will see the C, so be honest from the start.
can't I just say achieved A's in 10 subjects?

(Original post by Muttley79)
What is the CV for?

Most people would just put 11 GCSE A* to C including English and Maths. For UCAS every grade must be declared.
just for applying for internships etc..
I don't want to put 11 gcse A to C because they'll assume I got 1 A 2 Bs and the rest Cs
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can't I just say achieved A's in 10 subjects?

just for applying for internships etc..
I don't want to put 11 gcse A to C because they'll assume I got 1 A 2 Bs and the rest Cs
If you are stating some grades then you need to put them all ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.4%
I'm not sure (32)
4.2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.14%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (372)
48.88%

Watched Threads