The Student Room Group

Art supplies are they supplied

Hi my Daughter has just started her Level 1 art course today but has come home a tad surprised, her Art Dept have no supplies what so ever other than several lidless bottles of very old paint and several brushes in dire condition.
I know with the state of the world today due to Covid that Schools and College's are going through a first èver scenario, but I thought a College would have some supplies, apparently her Tutor has said they will have to steal stuff from other parts of the College if they need supplies,, and her Tutor wasn't joking either . My question is aren't Colleges supposed to supply a basic array of supplies, I am stunned to find out that any College actually runs like this, my daughter is pretty upset with the condition of the course so far .
I'm ashamed to say we buy what we can and provide as best we can as I have lost my business due to car accident but she has never wanted for the basics, but when you're child comes home and tell you she has better supplies than the College, how can a student complete a course when the teachers aren't bothered about the cupboards being not just bare but ruddy empty.
If anyone could shed some light on my questions I would be extremely grateful.

Best wishes Tazmat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending