The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan delay

Hi

I am in my 1st year of a 2 year msc, I took an 8 week study break which I have now returned from and my university have sent over all details l.

I was due to get my loan on the 7th September, however after my university sent confirmation etc this loan payment got moved to the 9th and over to the year 2 and it changed to “awaiting confirmation”.

I’ve been on the phone a lot to SFE and they said that this is a known error and this payment should have been made on the 9th.

I was told this should be sorted by the 16th when I called as it was passed to a senior advisor and apparently they need to make a manual payment.

But I’ve just called today and the girl told me that they can’t give a time frame. My concern is I’ve paid for my upcoming and current module out of my own money and the delay in loan has left me out of pocket.

Just looking to see if you can give me an answer as to what exactly is going on and when I will be getting the payment please?

Thanks
Original post by Studentfinance1
Hi

I am in my 1st year of a 2 year msc, I took an 8 week study break which I have now returned from and my university have sent over all details l.

I was due to get my loan on the 7th September, however after my university sent confirmation etc this loan payment got moved to the 9th and over to the year 2 and it changed to “awaiting confirmation”.

I’ve been on the phone a lot to SFE and they said that this is a known error and this payment should have been made on the 9th.

I was told this should be sorted by the 16th when I called as it was passed to a senior advisor and apparently they need to make a manual payment.

But I’ve just called today and the girl told me that they can’t give a time frame. My concern is I’ve paid for my upcoming and current module out of my own money and the delay in loan has left me out of pocket.

Just looking to see if you can give me an answer as to what exactly is going on and when I will be getting the payment please?

Thanks

Hi, we are not able to access your account over TSR. Please call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account and see what is happening.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending