RoseeA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was hoping to begin my second year at university to continue studying criminology. However, I received news that upon failing a module 3 times and apparently a few others I can no longer study my course and have essentially been removed. I am deeply disappointed in myself, I do not expect any form of sympathy. I should have asked questions when confused or unsure about certain things.
I do not know what to do, I really need this course.
Could anyone give me some advice on what to do. I am absolutely devastated with myself and this outcome.
Thanks
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This sounds like a really stressful situation.
You've got options though so try and focus on how to move forward, you've identified and owned up to mistakes and know how to improve, that's great!
By essentially removed, do you mean you've been terminated from the university? Is there a way you would be able to resit the year- they might be more lenient due to covid and especially as you have a clear idea on what to do differently?
If not, could you start the degree over somewhere else? I don't feel it's impossible, I have heard a few people on here resitting a year twice, there has to be a different way you can still get it. Maybe look at lower universities that might be more accepting of it. If you apply again this year to a new one (if you can't resit at yours) try and do stuff with this year to demonstrate personal reflection and development.
Lastly, is there any other route to what you want to do career wise just in case?
RoseeA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, thank you so much for the fast reply.
My course leader just told me that I would be unable to continue on the criminology course itself.
Re-sitting the year is something I would definitely take advantage of. I’m worried about going to another university because when applying for Coventry university, I was given an unconditional offer. I haven’t got a maths GCSE, it was a subject I failed over and over again and I know I will not be accepted anywhere else because of this. I had breakthrough with this unconditional offer. I should appreciated it a lot more.
Careered wise, I’m hoping to join the police up in the higher ranks, a criminology course is perfect.
The police offered a new scheme, if you wish to become a constable detective there were two routed you could take. Acting as an uniformed officer of obtains a uni degree in anything. I chose Criminology because I though let what better than to study on a course which will grant me all the knowledge I will need.
I’ve also sent an email to my universities school union, I explained the situation and hope that they can also offer me some advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads