what is your unpopular opinion?

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Mine is I believe when someone asks you to do something, saying you cant be bothered is a valid excuse and doesn't make you lazy. Obviouly you wouldnt actually say "I cant be bothered" as thats rude so you would phrase it in a more polite way but bottom line thats the reason why you wont do anything. Its like, if I asked you to cycle 10km right now, you obviusly wouldnt. even though you probably can fit it into your day. but you just dont want to. and thats what i mean, saying you dont want to is a perfectly reasonable reason for not doing something most of the time.
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maths is fun.

Edit: Judging by the reps it isn't that unpopular an opinion.
Last edited by Rufus the red; 1 month ago
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mantids are cute...
Apparently not many people agree at school so Iโ€™m bringing them in to help keep a social distance :beard:
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
flirting is cheating
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Having less than four A*s means you shouldn't be allowed to breed
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
Maths is fun.
I, among many other people, agree with this.
Bvbfan
Rep:
?
Maths is fun.

Edit: Judging by the reps it isn't that unpopular an opinion.
Thats an interesting one. There have been various topics in maths that I have enjoyed, Im not sure if you agree but for me the reason I enjoy them is because it is almost......satisfying? satisfying to routinely work through a question and have to carry out multiple steps correctly and then come out the other side with a correct answer? Its almost like its a work of art. thats just me though you may enjoy it for completely different reasons. I feel like to have this mindset you need to be fully committed to maths, in year 12 and 13 I studied maths although it wasnt included in my uni offer and so i didnt need to do well in it and because i was only partially committed to it i felt my enjoyment for it completely diminish.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Boredom is nonexistent these days, we have the world at our fingertips. Anyone who says they're bored is just un-creative or lazy.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Boredom is nonexistent these days, we have the world at our fingertips. Anyone who says they're bored is just un-creative or lazy.
overstimulation though? too many options? brain overdosed on dopamine?
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sex is overrated
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Issakatie)
overstimulation though? too many options? brain overdosed on dopamine?
Too many options is silly and does not lead to boredom.

That last bit is fair but can be fixed. Though its unfair to complain about being 'bored' in that case if you're not willing to do anything about it ( which the majority of people who complain arent ).
Julesandjasmine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
Mantids are cute...
Apparently not many people agree at school so Iโ€™m bringing them in to help keep a social distance :beard:
They terrify me thank goodness we don't get them in the UK those and stick insects aaaagh!
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bvbfan)
Thats an interesting one. There have been various topics in maths that I have enjoyed, Im not sure if you agree but for me the reason I enjoy them is because it is almost......satisfying? satisfying to routinely work through a question and have to carry out multiple steps correctly and then come out the other side with a correct answer? Its almost like its a work of art. thats just me though you may enjoy it for completely different reasons. I feel like to have this mindset you need to be fully committed to maths, in year 12 and 13 I studied maths although it wasnt included in my uni offer and so i didnt need to do well in it and because i was only partially committed to it i felt my enjoyment for it completely diminish.
I think that maths is made totally boring if you have a bad teacher. In year 7/8 I had the best maths teacher hoever in year 9/10 I've got another maths teacher who is much more strict about silence, really harsh, very passive aggressive and insists on full working for even the most menial problems.
I'm interested in maths outside of school so it doesn't matter to me so much but when maths is about correct working and repeating boring problems instead of lateral thinking and interesting questions people won't engage as much and as a result become less engaged with maths giving it its reputation of boring.
I find maths satisfying when I solve a particular problem but only really when it is a challenging one (otherwise it isn't a problem).
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tashkent46)
Having less than four A*s means you shouldn't be allowed to breed
fewer than
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that maths is made totally boring if you have a bad teacher. In year 7/8 I had the best maths teacher hoever in year 9/10 I've got another maths teacher who is much more strict about silence, really harsh, very passive aggressive and insists on full working for even the most menial problems.
I'm interested in maths outside of school so it doesn't matter to me so much but when maths is about correct working and repeating boring problems instead of lateral thinking and interesting questions people won't engage as much and as a result become less engaged with maths giving it its reputation of boring.
I find maths satisfying when I solve a particular problem but only really when it is a challenging one (otherwise it isn't a problem).
yes, this is effectively why i dislike maths. Years and years of crap teaching and dull, samey content
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread again :yawn:
Bvbfan
Rep:
?
Here is another one - am I the only one that likes pigeons? And seagulls? I think people dont like them because they are so common but they are both incredibly intelligent in their own ways. if there were only 10 seagulls in the world, everyone would say they are beautiful creatures, that they are proud majestic creatures. I mean let be honest they look the exact same as albatrosses. I think both pigeons and seagulls have bad reputations.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
fewer than
Sorry I didn't do English it was too soft.
BlackkQueen12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
relationships are overrated
be alone forever

Spoiler:
Show
:holmes:...maybe
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
Cake is disgusting. Itโ€™s not even the flavour itโ€™s the fact I get sick of it sooo fast
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.35%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.02%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (375)
49.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed