Can you do two PGs back-to-back if you defer one and accept the other?

Watch
gs95ta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I have three PG offers for Newcastle. I like being in academia, and I've realised I'm a bit torn between them. If I ordered my top two, is there anything stopping me deferring one and accepting the other so I basically did one this academic year and then went straight into the other? Obviously there is funding issues, as certain funds aren't accessible if you attain a Master's, but before I evaluate the feasibility of whether or not I could fund two degrees, would there be any other issues or things stopping one from doing this?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gs95ta)
So I have three PG offers for Newcastle. I like being in academia, and I've realised I'm a bit torn between them. If I ordered my top two, is there anything stopping me deferring one and accepting the other so I basically did one this academic year and then went straight into the other? Obviously there is funding issues, as certain funds aren't accessible if you attain a Master's, but before I evaluate the feasibility of whether or not I could fund two degrees, would there be any other issues or things stopping one from doing this?
Yes.
Just like booking 2 holidays.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apart from funding, there may be overlaps regarding academic year dates/dissertation deadlines.
gs95ta
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Apart from funding, there may be overlaps regarding academic year dates/dissertation deadlines.
Would that just be something I would have to juggle personally, or would it cause issues with the University?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would that just be something I would have to juggle personally, or would it cause issues with the University?
It could potentially cause issues, as they may not allow you to be enrolled on two courses of the same level at the same time. E.g. my masters degree was from mid September to the end of the following September, so there would be at least 2 weeks overlapping if your dates are similar.
gs95ta
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
It could potentially cause issues, as they may not allow you to be enrolled on two courses of the same level at the same time. E.g. my masters degree was from mid September to the end of the following September, so there would be at least 2 weeks overlapping if your dates are similar.
Good shout, I will check to see if I can find this out anywhere. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.85%
I'm not sure (8)
2.82%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.21%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.41%
I'm not a current university student (127)
44.72%

Watched Threads