Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an inspector calls essay exam tomorrow is a conclusion necessary
+ any useful last minute tips?
SoftyS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Conclusions are always a must in essays, especially for Inspector Calls.
Remember to always space out your paragraphs and write enough for each of your subtopics. Also, if your paragraph are too long, just split it in two. My teacher got so mad at me when I wrote out a massive paragraph.

Hope it goes well <3
AI03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alizalee)
Yes a conclusion would be necessary and each other paragraph should address a point, you don't need an introduction but it would be useful to state your argument which you would refer back to in the conclusion. Remember the key theme the play revolves around is social responsibility so remember to mention that. You don't need an extensive list of quotes and don't make them too long but be sure to embed them into the essay along with context.
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alizalee)
Definitely put in a conclusion, it doesn't have to be long though. Even if you're reallyyy pushed for time, try to at least write a 1-2 sentence conclusion, just to sum up your main argument.

Don't bring in any new points in your conclusion, it's tempting, especially if you've just thought of something new to write but it's best not to. UNLESS, you think it's a really good snappy point to throw in at the end. But sometimes teachers don't like students bringing in new ideas in the conclusion, so if you want to play it safe, probably, don't do that...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.43%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.27%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (610)
48.64%

Watched Threads