Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i have just started my first year of uni and so far, its not what i expected it to be like and i know its because of the pandemic but i just don't feel comfortable at all. So i am thinking of completing my first year and then transfer into a different uni for my second year. But I'm just so confused on how that works like if i want to apply to start next year, do i have to apply to potential unis by jan like in year 13. it would mean alot if someone can help me out because I'm just so confused and i can't seem to find the answer to my question. thanks
ghjajkfa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In all honesty you are probably best leaving university now if you don't like it and applying for next year. At this stage you shouldn't have to pay any tuition fees if you leave now and starting with everyone else is far easier than transferring. Transferring is not as easy as you may think because not all universities/courses allow transfers.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i have just started my first year of uni and so far, its not what i expected it to be like and i know its because of the pandemic but i just don't feel comfortable at all. So i am thinking of completing my first year and then transfer into a different uni for my second year. But I'm just so confused on how that works like if i want to apply to start next year, do i have to apply to potential unis by jan like in year 13. it would mean alot if someone can help me out because I'm just so confused and i can't seem to find the answer to my question. thanks
How long have you been at university so far?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ghjajkfa)
In all honesty you are probably best leaving university now if you don't like it and applying for next year. At this stage you shouldn't have to pay any tuition fees if you leave now and starting with everyone else is far easier than transferring. Transferring is not as easy as you may think because not all universities/courses allow transfers.
but like I've moved now and payed for my accommodation
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
How long have you been at university so far?
a week. i know it sounds rlly stupid.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a week. i know it sounds rlly stupid.
What exactly are you finding uncomfortable? Is this your first time living away from home?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
What exactly are you finding uncomfortable? Is this your first time living away from home?
yes it is and i know its normal to feel like this but i just feel like i don't fit in here. so my plan is to do my first year and see if i still feel like this and if i do, then ill transfer. so i just wanted to know how difficult it is to transfer?
tommy988
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ive never known anyone to transfer, but from what I have heard its quite hard, depends on your a level grades, spaces but importantly your first year modules would need to be similar to that unis modules as well. You shouldn't bank on it happening as it isn't certain you could swap uni
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes it is and i know its normal to feel like this but i just feel like i don't fit in here. so my plan is to do my first year and see if i still feel like this and if i do, then ill transfer. so i just wanted to know how difficult it is to transfer?
The difficulty depends on 1) if the course/modules are recognised or have an equivalent at the university you want to transfer to, 2) if the new university will accept you into Year 2 or whether you'd need to start in Year 1 again, 3) whether both universities mutually agree to the transfer (regarding your academic performance, spaces on the course etc.).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads