The Student Room Group

How can i study or what can i do to get all 8s and 9s in my 2021 gcse's?

So im in year 11 right now, just started going back to school and i have my gcse's in around 8 month but my mocks in November. right now im getting around 5-6s in my lessons and in practise tests we do but i really want to aim a lot higher and i would love all 9s and im willing to work for it but im not sure where to start so i would love kind of like help on where to begin and what to do really. thank you so much in advance!! ^-^
There is no golden solution, in the end, it will come down to you. You have to research, read the specs, read the examiner reports, do every practice paper you can... but if you go for it, anythings possible.

Just as an everyday revision, I would recommend doing Seneca learning for all subjects, every single day. Trust me, it gives you a great baseline knowledge!
for sciences and maths there videos by like science by hazel and primrose kitten who cover all the gcse content for certain subjects in a really easiy to understand way so id say watch those and make concise notes from them videos and obviously your school notes.

but i think pacing yourself is also really important cos you dont want to burn yourself out so id say just revise a bit every weekend for now and then around april start doing it more regularly like just for an hour after school (if you can) and at that point start doing practice papers too and LOOK AT THE MARK SCHEMES cos the answers to certain questions are always the same and it heps with your wording n stuff.
also just revisit your knowledge regulrly (like sit down and read notes youve made every two ) cos thats how you increase your memory of it

(also theres a bunch of study tubers online that explain how to revise and unjaded jade explains some good methods to revising like blurting so def check her channel out)
Reply 3
Personally I’d recommend getting into a good routine with your revision now. I’d say most students who get straight 8s and 9s are those who work hard throughout the year instead of leaving it till the last minute.

You should be going over the work you’re doing in class each day- I’d say 2 and a half hours a night of homework and revision and then 6 hours over the weekend is a good place to start.

Quick Reply

Latest