What does being in love feel like?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m curious bc I’ve never experienced it. Plus how do you know you’re in love? And why do people fall out of love?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m curious bc I’ve never experienced it. Plus how do you know you’re in love? And why do people fall out of love?
Apparently you just know when you are, I don’t understand that all, but I guess then I haven’t fell in yet, so I’m waiting for the day ‘I just know’ 😂
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Already am

Spoiler:
Show
in love with myself.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 4 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's like getting 15 reps in a post you made.
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nobodyy)
Already am

Spoiler:
Show
in love with myself.
You're in love with Nobodyy?
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
It's like getting 15 reps in a post you made.
1 down 14 to go...
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
You're in love with Nobodyy?
Dammit, you got it.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
you feel like f****** each other almost every second you can
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
1 down 14 to go...
Ditto for me.

Spoiler:
Show
I'm in love with ecolier for repping me back.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
you feel like f****** each other almost every second you can
Is that really love or is it lust?
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You know you’re in love when you think “could I kill this ***** and get away with it or would the police suspect me?”
babatunde_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Idk if this was love or not, but I think it feels like you’re just sitting in a convertible car driving down a straight road along the coast with “adore you” by Harry styles playing on the radio.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You just know - they make you smile and you feel happy to see them (and sad when they go away!). Maybe not the most helpful answer but it is what it is - like happiness, or hunger.

Often it's accompanied by a strong urge to hug the person in question, and/or walk over burning coals to make them happy
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Spoiler:
Show
Love encompasses a range of strong and positive emotional and mental states, from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure. An example of this range of meanings is that the love of a mother differs from the love of a spouse, which differs from the love of food. Most commonly, love refers to a feeling of strong attraction and emotional attachment.
Love is considered to be a positive and negative: with its virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection, as "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another"; and its vice representing human moral flaw, akin to vanity, selfishness, amour-propre, and egotism, as it potentially leads people into a type of mania, obsessiveness or codependency. It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals. In its various forms, love acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts. Love has been postulated to be a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.

Ancient Greek philosophers identified five forms of love: essentially, familial love (in Greek, Storge), friendly love or platonic love (Philia), romantic love (Eros), guest love (Xenia) and divine love (Agape). Modern authors have distinguished further varieties of love: unrequited love, empty love, companionate love, consummate love, infatuated love, self-love, and courtly love. Numerous cultures have also distinguished Ren, Yuanfen, Mamihlapinatapai, Cafuné, Kama, Bhakti, Mettā, Ishq, Chesed, Amore, Charity, Saudade (and other variants or symbioses of these states), as culturally unique words, definitions, or expressions of love in regards to a specified "moments" currently lacking in the English language.

Scientific research on emotion has increased significantly over the past two decades. The color wheel theory of love defines three primary, three secondary and nine tertiary love styles, describing them in terms of the traditional color wheel. The triangular theory of love suggests "intimacy, passion and commitment" are core components of love. Love has additional religious or spiritual meaning. This diversity of uses and meanings combined with the complexity of the feelings involved makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, compared to other emotional states.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.57%
I'm not sure (11)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (126)
34.43%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (166)
45.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed