School rejected my appeal on BS reasons

Watch
e.lma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I appealed my CAG grades because they were drastically lower than I expected (and from what I'd been told and the predicted grades before). Important here is that the school asked me for evidence of a medical issue I'd been suffering throughout the year from for my extenuating circumstances. They knew about the issue and we'd discussed concessions before covid hit. My evidence changed absolutely nothing so I appealed.
The response came back that apparently, they had known nothing about this issue until March 2020. In fact, they'd been kept up to date months before my surgery in September 2019 so the blatant lie shocked me. I was getting called out of class for meetings over it. I had to give the school a reason for my 2 weeks off and several doctor's appointments and I already did! Then they said my attendance hadn't been affected by my health. We showed them my attendance at 50% but they insisted they only counted attendance in the 3 months before the January mocks. Even though our grades are meant to be based holistically. The real kicker was that because I hadn't formally asked for a concession in my Year 12 and 13 mock exams, that implied my illness hadn't existed, so they were rejecting my appeal. I gave them documents, discharge papers, doctor correspondence. I didn't even know I had a tumour (thankfully not cancer) growing until after my Year 12 mocks so how could I have asked for concession?
I'm just really upset about this, I don't even think I have grounds to appeal to the exam board or it's probably too late
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Done the same to me, just try get strong work experience linked to your career
Randomer_7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My School also gave me really low grades. Without solid proof of consistent high grades we really can't do anything. I'm now doing a Foundation year to get onto my course at uni. You could contact someone higher up but I don't think there's much you can do
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah g I had to hit the trap
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads