Suzy888
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am in year 12 in a state school and would like to study Biochemistry at uni. Was looking at applying to UNIQ 2021 for Biochemistry which will probably be online. Was wondering if anyone who attended the Biochemistry online UNIQ this year (2020) would recommend it?
Last edited by Suzy888; 8 months ago
Neha5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Suzy888)
I am in year 12 in a state school and would like to study Biochemistry at uni. Was looking at applying to UNIQ 2021 for Biochemistry which will probably be online. Was wondering if anyone who attended the Biochemistry online UNIQ this year (2020) would recommend it?
100% worth it - was all online due to covid this year which wasnt ideal but still got a lot out of it, they give you useful advice on applications and the content you learn on uniq is so interesting and will help you decide whether biochem is for you. Uniq is very competitive, 8000 people applied for this year and they accept less than 2000 so it’s definitely worth applying to see if you can get a place. The socials after lessons are really fun, and hopefully you will be able to go in person next year as im sure its even better in oxford!
IK5712
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Neha5)
100% worth it - was all online due to covid this year which wasnt ideal but still got a lot out of it, they give you useful advice on applications and the content you learn on uniq is so interesting and will help you decide whether biochem is for you. Uniq is very competitive, 8000 people applied for this year and they accept less than 2000 so it’s definitely worth applying to see if you can get a place. The socials after lessons are really fun, and hopefully you will be able to go in person next year as im sure its even better in oxford!
hey, this may seem specific but do you remember whether or not the online meetings for the UNIQ programme were recorded so you can access them later incase you had any technical difficulties or other problems ?
Neha5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IK5712)
hey, this may seem specific but do you remember whether or not the online meetings for the UNIQ programme were recorded so you can access them later incase you had any technical difficulties or other problems ?
Yes - all meetings were recorded except social sessions (which were just playing games with your cohort and the ambassador). Academic sessions took place on teams and other sessions eg about student life were on zoom. Have you gotten a place on uniq for this year? Is it online again?
IK5712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Neha5)
Yes - all meetings were recorded except social sessions (which were just playing games with your cohort and the ambassador). Academic sessions took place on teams and other sessions eg about student life were on zoom. Have you gotten a place on uniq for this year? Is it online again?
Thank you for replying, Yes i’ve gotten a place for the UNIQ medicine course and it’s online. i was just asking because around the same time as this programme i also have a sutton trust summer school (nottingham) for medicine and that is also online.
TheEgg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for replying, Yes i’ve gotten a place for the UNIQ medicine course and it’s online. i was just asking because around the same time as this programme i also have a sutton trust summer school (nottingham) for medicine and that is also online.
When did you receive your acceptance?
IK5712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheEgg)
When did you receive your acceptance?
March 31st with the launch event on 12th April. Are you waiting for an email?
TheEgg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
March 31st with the launch event on 12th April. Are you waiting for an email?
Hey thanks for replying, I’m waiting for an email but I’ve applied for the graduate UNIQ+ they so fingers crossed. They said at the beginning of may
hairyballs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also got onto Uniq and Sutton Trust at Nottingham for med. If you don’t mind me asking which dates is your one at notts?
IK5712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hairyballs)
I also got onto Uniq and Sutton Trust at Nottingham for med. If you don’t mind me asking which dates is your one at notts?
Congratulations! For Nottingham i’m doing the 11-15th july week as well as the optional residential (on the weekend) what about you?
hairyballs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations! For Nottingham i’m doing the 11-15th july week as well as the optional residential (on the weekend) what about you?
Same. Haven’t got much of a break between the two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
28.57%
No (130)
71.43%

Watched Threads