NEA (ocr) help needed- Never Let Me Go and Sylvia Plath

Watch
Ibby.Butler
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, (posting again with more details)
Trying to currently write my NEA on female identity and I am really in trouble as I can't quite work out what to say. I can understand that this is a pretty niche question and not many of you will be able to help because of the book and poem choice but general advice would also be appreciated. NEA requires you to mention four poems in detail and anymore briefly ( I have chosen 'bee meeting', 'mirror', 'morning song', 'daddy', 'aerial' and 'you're'.) I have to try and stick to the Sylvia Plath anthology put together by Ted Hughes that I was given but if you have any more suggestions on poems I can change it around? Obviously I understand that it is unfair to ask too much of people on here but I would love any help you are willing to give.
Last edited by Ibby.Butler; 1 month ago
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ibby.Butler)
Hi,
Trying to currently write my NEA on female relationships and I am really in trouble as I can't quite work out what to say. I can understand that this pretty niche question and not many of you will be able to help because of the books but general advice would also be appreciated.
Hi there, if you're looking to compare Never Let Me Go with Plath (by which I assume you mean The Bell Jar?), then I'd encourage you to look at ways the female protagonists deal with trauma, and the differences in how Ishiguro and Plath's portrayal of female friendships complicate the way characters each see themselves. I run an English Lit blog and I briefly touch on this in my post on NLMG here: hyperbolit.com/2020/08/01/why-you-should-read-kazuo-ishiguros-never-let-me-go/ - see if this helps you at all? I'm also planning to write another post on Plath's Bell Jar some time soon, so perhaps I could share that with you once it's done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.63%
I'm not sure (54)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.43%
I have already dropped out (35)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (561)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed