Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there!
We are going back to school soon where I live.
I am short. I don't mind being short but people at school are so incredibly mean sometimes, like what's their problem.
They*random people* always call me out for being short and everyone is way taller. I am 4´11. This year I am going to a new school and I have no idea how to overcome people being so mean to me. I also don't know how to make new friends. Can someone give me any advice please. And I am 15 by the way, is there anything I can eat/drink/do to get taller?
Yazomi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there!
We are going back to school soon where I live.
I am short. I don't mind being short but people at school are so incredibly mean sometimes, like what's their problem.
They*random people* always call me out for being short and everyone is way taller. I am 4´11. This year I am going to a new school and I have no idea how to overcome people being so mean to me. I also don't know how to make new friends. Can someone give me any advice please. And I am 15 by the way, is there anything I can eat/drink/do to get taller?
I’m sorry you had to go through that! But I sort of get you as well because my old school was quite judgemental so I carried that mentality forwards but it turned out now all of the schools were like that and as long as you approach the people in a nice friendly way you’ll be able to start a conversation and go with the flow from there on. There’s not a specific way to make friends but just be yourself if not it’ll be hard to maintain a ‘trying to fit in’ act and you’ll be drained by the end of the day if you have to constantly do that.
Sorry for the long message but hope your move to your new school goes well
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yazomi)
I’m sorry you had to go through that! But I sort of get you as well because my old school was quite judgemental so I carried that mentality forwards but it turned out now all of the schools were like that and as long as you approach the people in a nice friendly way you’ll be able to start a conversation and go with the flow from there on. There’s not a specific way to make friends but just be yourself if not it’ll be hard to maintain a ‘trying to fit in’ act and you’ll be drained by the end of the day if you have to constantly do that.
Sorry for the long message but hope your move to your new school goes well
THANK YOU
This really did help me feel better.
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try not to look like you know you're short.

It sounds stupid but people are more likely to go for you if you don't look confident.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just be confident in who you are. People with maturity know that your height doesn’t matter in the least!
If you are happy with yourself then do your best to ignore them. They’ll grow up eventually.
Your height could still increase a little. You’ll carry on growing for a few more years.
It’s difficult to start a new school but you won’t be the only one. Be friendly and smile. Be brave and start conversations. If there are any clubs in the school then try to join them so you can meet people with the same interests.
People who would be mean to you because of your height aren’t worth your time. You’ll find horrible people throughout your life. Ignoring them is the best way. Don’t rise to it and give them the satisfaction.
I’m sure you’ll be fine. Good luck!
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Girl or boy and ethnicity?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Morebalanation)
Girl or boy and ethnicity?
Girl and I am white
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will grow a bit then
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Be more confident and make jokes about your height to others, this kinda shows that you are not insecure about your height
imaniii
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
You’re 15, you’ll most probably grow taller. I was 18 and 5’0/‘1. Friends used to call me hobbit omg no joke. Kids are a$$holes so just ignore it.
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omg, lol is this who i think it is...?
lol, **** them. don't listen to them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.08%
I'm not sure (59)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.45%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (646)
49.16%

Watched Threads