all alone on my birthday

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's my birthday in 4 days' time. I know I should be excited and happy, but I can't stop thinking about how alone I'm going to be. I just see myself walking into school and no one even remembering or acknowledging it. My "friends" will meet up after school like they do every day, but I won't be invited- I never am. then I will walk home alone, and wait for my parents to get back from work, usually around 7 or 8. I feel as though I have no one who actually cares about me. No one who can be excited for me. I'm just going to be sat in my kitchen alone crying. I wish that I had someone who could even be bothered to write me a message. I'm just so so alone. I don't want to upset my parents and I know they've tried their absolute best for me, so I don't want to tell them and worry them. :/
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Well, feeling sorry for yourself isn’t going to help anything... Surround yourself with better friends who want to hang out with you and try to meet people instead of planning to sit in your kitchen to cry...
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could you drop subtle hints to your friends that your birthday is coming up, e.g. "I'm can't believe i'm going to be *insert age* in a few days!". Maybe they have genuinely forgotten- my friends have known me for almost a decade yet they sometimes forget my birthday!
However, if they are purposefully excluding you, are they really your friends?
You could still have a decent birthday on your own- e.g. watch a series/film that you've been wanting to watch and get some of your favourite food/snacks.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well, feeling sorry for yourself isn’t going to help anything... Surround yourself with better friends who want to hang out with you and try to meet people instead of planning to sit in your kitchen to cry...
I was in quite a mess when I wrote this and I'm feeling more optimistic about it now
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
Could you drop subtle hints to your friends that your birthday is coming up, e.g. "I'm can't believe i'm going to be *insert age* in a few days!". Maybe they have genuinely forgotten- my friends have known me for almost a decade yet they sometimes forget my birthday!
However, if they are purposefully excluding you, are they really your friends?
You could still have a decent birthday on your own- e.g. watch a series/film that you've been wanting to watch and get some of your favourite food/snacks.
thankyou! I really don't know if they are my friends really but two of them have been really nice to me which has made me happier
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Happy Birthday in advance!!

I am so excited for your birthday. It is a new chapter in your life for you!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nobodyy)
Happy Birthday in advance!!

I am so excited for your birthday. It is a new chapter in your life for you!!
aww this made me cry a lil thankyou so much it really means a lot (:
HotaruWalkthr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was my birthday 4th september and I was completely alone.

I wish u the best Happy Birthday ever!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HotaruWalkthr)
It was my birthday 4th september and I was completely alone.

I wish u the best Happy Birthday ever!
thankyou so much- Happy late birthday I hope it was great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads