liamsamuels
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi - excuse the multiple questions in one post! I recently received my GCSE results and came out with 999999886. I’m looking to apply for Vet Med for 2022 entry and am slightly worried about work experience. I don’t have any at the moment (late with deciding what I want to do). Will vet schools take into account the current situation? Also, I’m interested in applying to Cambridge, however I take Biology, Chemistry and English Lit. Would these options reduce the likelihood of an offer? I know for medicine only 4% of applicants only offer two sciences and of these only 5% are successful. Is this the same for vet med? I know many say that Cambridge may not be the best place to go to but I’m just trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks!
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am sure that all vet schools are taking the current situation into consideration and have dropped the requirements for wex right down. Cambridge was always less prescriptive on this anyway. You have Chemistry and Biology so the 3rd one is less important in terms of which subject you chose. My daughter did maths as her 3rd but I am sure there are students with other choices and I don't just mean physics. She starts in 2 weeks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed