Mum found out about bf called police

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 14 and my bf is 18. A lot of people here will judge but he makes me happy and I'm fine with the gap. Plus it's actually normal in my school for us to date older boys, the girls in my school all date the guys 1-3 years above. I know there is the age of consent of 16 but most of our friend group including me has already lost our viginities to guys older than 16.

My family however had no idea until yesterday I left my phone unlocked on the table and I got a snapchat message from him. My mum picked up my phone and opened it and saw it was a sexual message. She took my phone and read through all our chats and found out we've been sleeping together and he's 18. She's taken my phone away and she doesn't know any personal details about him other than his first name and his snapchat username and that he lives in our area. She called the police and gave them his username and first name and spoke about him being a peado/predator and taking advantage of me as a child as she was crying over the phone to them asking them to catch him even though I fully consented to everything.

The police came round last night after to find out more details but I didn't say anything to help them I just said I don't know his full name or address.

I've told him in secret so there is no risk of him sending another message to my phone. We've also only ever spoken on snapchat because i never wanted my parents to find out so there is no evidence elsewhere on my phone either.

I'm really worried what will happen, will the police be able to find out who he is?
Strange5050
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can’t consent though. You’re 14, the law says the age of consent is 16. Whether you said it or not, you cannot give consent. The police will be able to find him. He himself knows it’s illegal for him to be doing anything of the sexual nature with you. If anything happens, he’s only himself to blame.
Last edited by Strange5050; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 14 and my bf is 18. A lot of people here will judge but he makes me happy and I'm fine with the gap. Plus it's actually normal in my school for us to date older boys, the girls in my school all date the guys 1-3 years above. I know there is the age of consent of 16 but most of our friend group including me has already lost our viginities to guys older than 16.

My family however had no idea until yesterday I left my phone unlocked on the table and I got a snapchat message from him. My mum picked up my phone and opened it and saw it was a sexual message. She took my phone and read through all our chats and found out we've been sleeping together and he's 18. She's taken my phone away and she doesn't know any personal details about him other than his first name and his snapchat username and that he lives in our area. She called the police and gave them his username and first name and spoke about him being a peado/predator and taking advantage of me as a child as she was crying over the phone to them asking them to catch him even though I fully consented to everything.

The police came round last night after to find out more details but I didn't say anything to help them I just said I don't know his full name or address.

I've told him in secret so there is no risk of him sending another message to my phone. We've also only ever spoken on snapchat because i never wanted my parents to find out so there is no evidence elsewhere on my phone either.

I'm really worried what will happen, will the police be able to find out who he is?
Yes, they can just track his number. TBH your mum's right. An 18 year old man knows it's wrong to get involved sexually with a 14 year old girl.
Vapordave
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your "boyfriend" is in serious trouble. Rightly so because what 18 year old man would date and have sex with a 14 year old girl?
ShobSmad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brooo wtf, the law says u have to be 16 to consent legally, well both parties have to be 16.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Do you or your bf know the most basic sexual laws in the UK?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We're in the UK, not Italy, respect the laws of the country you reside in.
halfsmart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

this is so wrong, he is going to be charged, this is statutory rape. yes they will be able to find out who he is. the more information you conceal the worse itll be for the both of you. you wont see it, but he is taking advantage of you and your age, your mum was right to phone the police.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They might be able to find him, they might not.

In theory they could get the evidence off Snapchat.
Last edited by DiddyDec; 1 month ago
TheUltimateHulk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
They might be able to find me, they might not.

In theory they could get the evidence off Snapchat.
Find you? Are you the 18year old?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheUltimateHulk)
Find you? Are you the 18year old?
Typo, it has been a long day :lol:
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not gonna lie thats kinda booky you know, I'd call em too.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
100% a troll . The police would be tracking any accounts and stuff like that so you putting this up would already be looked at by them and they’d know you were keeping info .

Try harder next time to make it realistic
You give the police too much credit :lol:
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt there's a school with a culture of pedophilia. I'd like to think the school would find out and do something about it.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
And this is why the law does not allow children to have sex because at 14 you are young and dumb and get manipulated easily.

1) You should tell your parents that your friends are also sleeping with older guys. It is illegal and considered rape. All of your ‘boyfriends’ are rapists and pedophiles. If you’re old enough to think you should be having sex (you shouldn’t btw) then your old enough to hear the harsh reality.

2) He does not love you. Matter of fact he is probably messaging several other children and sleeping with them too. How would you feel knowing he’s sleeping with a 12 year old? How about 10? Yup, that is the reality of pedophiles. You are a child as are they and as far as your boyfriend is concerned, the younger the better!

You need to tell your parents your boyfriends name and address. And if you don’t want to speak to them, you can write it down. The police can and will find him anyway but you need to understand why this is so seriously wrong. You don’t want him to abuse anyone else do you?
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well im 13 and i used to have a thing with a 17 year old
at the time it seemed great that an older guy was taking interest in me
now i realise how messed up it was
don't do it, because you're both gonna get into trouble and it's not worth it
Last edited by khadijaaaxxxx; 1 month ago
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Creepy! Whether or not its 'normal' for your school its wrong.
Why is it so hard to date someone your own age? Or if you have a thing for older guys just wait 2 years until you can consent, its really not that hard.
bveee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Your boyfriend is a peadophile
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You give the police too much credit :lol:
That’s a good point tbf 😂
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
He's a nonce.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (175)
14.57%
I'm not sure (56)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (350)
29.14%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (585)
48.71%

Watched Threads