Dhanu N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m taking GCSE exams as a private candidate, I taking maths and combined science costs £450. Is it expensive?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is that just for the exams (in Summer 2021)?
Is it IGCSE or GCSE Combined Science?

It is probably a reasonable price.
Dhanu N
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Is that just for the exams (in Summer 2021)?
Is it IGCSE or GCSE Combined Science?

It is probably a reasonable price.
its GCSE and I'm taking it in November.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dhanu N)
its GCSE and I'm taking it in November.
Science in November is only for people who were entered in the Summer, and they shouldn't be charging you again. GCSE Sciences are also not normally an option for private candidates (because the centre has to sign to say you have completed the practicals) but the rules about practicals have been weakened this year because of Covid.

That aside, £150 is not unusual for the fee to take a GCSE,
ibby68
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mine was 100 per paper for reference, but what grades do you have in those subjects anyway?
Dhanu N
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibby68)
Mine was 100 per paper for reference, but what grades do you have in those subjects anyway?
I got 33 in combined science and a 4 in maths however I need at least 7 in these subject to get A levels(further maths,computer science, IT). I revised everything during the lockdown period, so I'm feeling confident that I can get that grades or more than than. and I chose to do in November because I don't want to waste another year till summer.
Last edited by Dhanu N; 1 month ago
ibby68
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dhanu N)
I got 33 in combined science and a 4 in maths however I need at least 7 in these subject to get A levels(further maths,computer science, IT). I revised everything during the lockdown period, so I'm feeling confident that I can get that grades or more than than. and I chose to do in November because I don't want to waste another year till summer.
Aim for 7s but most colleges in my experience colleges/ sixth forms only want 6s. However the odd college/ sixth form will want a 7 in maths to do a level maths which I think is a bit much but that’s just my opinion. Try to get 66 in your combined science which is defo achievable and a 7 in maths you should be fine.
Dhanu N
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibby68)
Aim for 7s but most colleges in my experience colleges/ sixth forms only want 6s. However the odd college/ sixth form will want a 7 in maths to do a level maths which I think is a bit much but that’s just my opinion. Try to get 66 in your combined science which is defo achievable and a 7 in maths you should be fine.
thank you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads