How do I get an A in alevel maths in 2 weeks and two days

Watch
Kalee561
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I haven’t started revision for October exams and I need an A .im only sitting one subject and don’t work either. Is it possible to get an A
a_level185
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
depends, what are you predicted, how good are you, is there anything you know / remember?
Kalee561
Rep:
?
I got a D
Megaman101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry mate but I don’t think you can go from a D to an A in two weeks
tommy988
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah frankly I think it is unlikely, I did my A levels a few years ago and got an A, but that was after weeks of revision and I know I couldn't pull it off in 2 weeks.
By all means, put as much effort and work into it as possible for the next two weeks to see what you can achieve, but I think you should probably aim more for a B if I am being honest
ClippTube
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just started a level maths, finding it overwhelming already along with 3 other a levels, id be happy with a pass
a_level185
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ClippTube)
just started a level maths, finding it overwhelming already along with 3 other a levels, id be happy with a pass
better of dropping 1 and getting 3 good grades instead of 4 average grades
a_level185
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kalee561)
I got a D
when did u find out about your exams because if you know you're a D grade student and you need an A, why have you left it till 2 weeks before?
Bbubble061
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Keep having a go at past papers - alternate between doing one in timed conditions (do it like a real exam), and then the other not in timed conditions (spend as much time trying to figure out the answers to the questions, use internet if it helps).

I sometimes spent as much as 3 hours doing one paper and I stuck at questions until I at least figured something out. It helped because it forced me to deeply think about my maths knowledge. I figured out a lot of the answers by sticking at the questions for a long time (sometimes 30 minutes on 1 question) and this deeper processing meant I remembered how to solve questions similar to that.
Looking at the mark scheme helped me see where I went wrong.

I'm not sure if you can get to an A in 2 weeks though - it seems like quite a stretch but try at least!!!!
zimple
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be Systematic. Do a past paper. Mark it. Go over it in detail. Keep a record of what topics you are scoring poorly on. Monitor to this so that you see your improvement.
Concentrate work on these weak areas. DO NOT spend time on stuff you can already do.
And be sure to keep up with studiesbeing taught now and work set for that.
Kalee561
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bbubble061)
Keep having a go at past papers - alternate between doing one in timed conditions (do it like a real exam), and then the other not in timed conditions (spend as much time trying to figure out the answers to the questions, use internet if it helps).

I sometimes spent as much as 3 hours doing one paper and I stuck at questions until I at least figured something out. It helped because it forced me to deeply think about my maths knowledge. I figured out a lot of the answers by sticking at the questions for a long time (sometimes 30 minutes on 1 question) and this deeper processing meant I remembered how to solve questions similar to that.
Looking at the mark scheme helped me see where I went wrong.

I'm not sure if you can get to an A in 2 weeks though - it seems like quite a stretch but try at least!!!!
Thanks 😊 wish you all the success and happiness
Kalee561
Rep:
?
(Original post by zimple)
Be Systematic. Do a past paper. Mark it. Go over it in detail. Keep a record of what topics you are scoring poorly on. Monitor to this so that you see your improvement.
Concentrate work on these weak areas. DO NOT spend time on stuff you can already do.
And be sure to keep up with studiesbeing taught now and work set for that.
Thank you 😊 I appreciate it,all the best on your studies
maven2k
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think your best bet is to consider this exam as a "mock". It's almost impossible to go from D to A in two weeks. You will be much better prepared for Summer exams frankly
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP, definitely shoot your shot and give it your best.

However, I don't think it is possible to get an A in 2 weeks. I got a B in my mocks but got an A in the final exam.... though I must say I did work my socks off - I did all the past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads