setarexhx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I chose politics and sociology but I feel like I should have chose politics and international relations. Am I going to be heavily affected in terms of finding a job in United Nations or NGO’s for example? Can I still do a masters in IR ?
oh.ME.DEA
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really not equipped to answer this - sorry. Hopefully my reply helps bring this thread to the attention of someone who can.
l3078
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by setarexhx)
I chose politics and sociology but I feel like I should have chose politics and international relations. Am I going to be heavily affected in terms of finding a job in United Nations or NGO’s for example? Can I still do a masters in IR ?
I'm doing a Politics and Sociology degree, and I am looking for a job in the UN in the future. I have chosen international politics/IR modules in politics which helps combine the two together. I'd say keep at it, do some IR modules and maybe do an IR masters if you feel like it!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by setarexhx)
Can you pick up any options that coincide with IR? I would say you can still do a masters in IR, it may help to do a different undergrad as gives you a wider variety of knowledge. For example, I am taking Sociology however considering doing a masters in business management or public policy - you don't have to follow the same route throughout.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (751)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (358)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise