the_sujit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been assigned to extract Class Action(Group Litigation) case data from UK. Being a STEM student, I am totally new to the Law field and looking for the above info just as a part of a Live Project by my employer. I want the information like case title, docket number, defendent, claimant, settlement amount etc.I did found the case title and info from the gov.uk website's group litigation order page. However, I could not find the case document with case number(Docket), defendent and claimant name and most important the settlement amount. In US every case has settlement agreement document which most of the time has the settlement amount(except where there is no cap on settlement amount or it is confidential). Can anyone help me with this? Where should I look for to find the settlement amount in those Group Litigation order if it is available publically
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So what you want to do is, once you have the name of the case type it into Google and the transcript of the case should come up which will give you all of the information you need.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the_sujit)
I have been assigned to extract Class Action(Group Litigation) case data from UK. Being a STEM student, I am totally new to the Law field and looking for the above info just as a part of a Live Project by my employer. I want the information like case title, docket number, defendent, claimant, settlement amount etc.I did found the case title and info from the gov.uk website's group litigation order page. However, I could not find the case document with case number(Docket), defendent and claimant name and most important the settlement amount. In US every case has settlement agreement document which most of the time has the settlement amount(except where there is no cap on settlement amount or it is confidential). Can anyone help me with this? Where should I look for to find the settlement amount in those Group Litigation order if it is available publically
If the case was settled out of court, you probably won't be able to access the settlement amount.

Such details are usually in the schedule to a Tomlin Order, and the schedules are usually not filed and kept confidential and inaccessible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.34%
I'm not sure (32)
4.23%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.18%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (370)
48.88%

Watched Threads