The Student Room Group

(WCH13) IAL Chemistry Unit 3- 14 October 2020 (Exam Discussion)

Poll

What mark do you think you got?

This is the discussion thread for the third Chemistry paper. Post any thoughts on the exam here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope that unit 3 will not be that terrible!
Our Units 1 and 2 papers were so difficult. Unit 3 is my strongest unit, so I hope that the paper will be of reasonable difficulty, in order to boost my mark up!
Reply 2
could anyone please provide me the markschemes for October 2019 and Jan 2020 Chemistry Unit 3. Thanks in advance!
Original post by 8013
I hope that unit 3 will not be that terrible!
Our Units 1 and 2 papers were so difficult. Unit 3 is my strongest unit, so I hope that the paper will be of reasonable difficulty, in order to boost my mark up!

Samee. What to study in unit 3?
Reply 4
Original post by WASI 128
could anyone please provide me the markschemes for October 2019 and Jan 2020 Chemistry Unit 3. Thanks in advance!

hey could you send the paper for jan 2020
Reply 5
Original post by SajidMhfz
Samee. What to study in unit 3?

Just had a T8 hoisted in HK. I have an extra full day off, so I will be using it to revisit all of the CP I have done at school, and complete two papers.
Original post by 8013
Just had a T8 hoisted in HK. I have an extra full day off, so I will be using it to revisit all of the CP I have done at school, and complete two papers.

Heyy stay safe
Reply 7
Original post by SajidMhfz
Heyy stay safe

Thanks! This is the second storm of the year, named Nangka. My area is not that windy, as this storm mainly hit the southern part of the city.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
If anyone of you watches the Premier League, a term used by fans is good to use for this exam.
'40 points': This is a mark for a guaranteed A in this exam.
Reply 9
Original post by 8013
If anyone of you watches the Premier League, a term used by fans is good to use for this exam.
'40 points': This is a mark for a guaranteed A in this exam.

can u explain this further?
Reply 10
Original post by xliy
can u explain this further?

If you get 40 marks in the exam, you are guaranteed an A, as the highest boundary I have seen is like 38.
Reply 11
Original post by 8013
If you get 40 marks in the exam, you are guaranteed an A, as the highest boundary I have seen is like 38.

what does this have to do with the premier league
Original post by 8013

do you usually take ur exams at san po kong hkeaa?
Reply 13
Original post by thelitbanana

i dont live in hong kong

I also took the exam in HK and the morning session today was cancelled🙈
Reply 15

Yes
Reply 16
Original post by shanesha
I also took the exam in HK and the morning session today was cancelled🙈

Are you taking any exams in the morning session?
Original post by 8013
Are you taking any exams in the morning session?

Yes😂
Reply 18
To all HK candidates, please forget what you are originally planned to take today, and focus on tomorrow's Unit 3 Chemistry exam. I know that you may feel sad because of exam cancellation due to the T8, and this isn't what you wanted. However, there will be a way that you can still get your results if you need to cash in.
The Chemistry exams in the past week are so difficult. With a high mark on unit 3, you can still raise your overall mark to a higher grade.
what experiments do you guys think are coming

Quick Reply