The Student Room Group

(WMA11) IAL Pure Maths 1 New Syllabus- 19 October 2020 (Exam Discussion)

Poll

What mark do you think you got?

Here is the discussion thread for the Maths P1 exam. You can post any thoughts on the exam here!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 8013
Here is the discussion thread for the Maths P1 exam. You can post any thoughts on the exam here!

Heyy!! Have you done the Jan 2020 paper?
Reply 2
Original post by AmmaarahS
Heyy!! Have you done the Jan 2020 paper?

Yes. I think it is a bit difficult.
Reply 3
I don't know why but I feel like the paper is gonna be tricky
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Im soooooo scareddddd for the exam because there are only few past papers for the new syllabus and all the new syllabus past papers are pretty hard compared to old syllabus
does anyone have the mark scheme for the jan 2020 p1 paper?
Reply 6
Original post by Sumayyasheikh

no but there are plenty of walkthroughs on youtube

hey. yes i do. pm me your email
Oh well. It attatched! Here you go.
Oh well. It attatched! Here you go.

OMGGG thank you so muchhhhhh!!!!
OMGGG thank you so muchhhhhh!!!!

Welcome
Reply 12
I just got 69 in June 2019 paper. I got 62 in January 2020, and I have October left.
Hello guys.
Linking June and Oct 2019 and Jan 2020 P1 QP and MS
Ill link the P2 ones in the p2 thread.

Yooooo thank you so much! You're giving us a favor by sharing them with us! Really appreciated~
Original post by ianthesecond
Yooooo thank you so much! You're giving us a favor by sharing them with us! Really appreciated~

Welcome. happy to help
Reply 15
Hello guys.
Linking June and Oct 2019 and Jan 2020 P1 QP and MS
Ill link the P2 ones in the p2 thread.

where can i find the p2 thread?
Original post by 3956
where can i find the p2 thread?

search for IAL pure maths 2 new syllabus-21 october 2020
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Guys I have given Mechanics paper yesterday on Friday 16th October trust me it was hell of a life. The toughest paper I have ever appeared for. I am saying this with 100% confidence that the grade boundaries will go low. And yh I am also appearing for Maths P1. I have actually physically appeared for Jan 2020 for Edexcel exam and I got D is 1st try. Hoping for the best this time for me and everyone
Reply 18
I will be doing a C2 and the October 2019 paper this afternoon. Liverpool is kicking off in the evening at local time.
If I fail to get 90UMS in any of the papers and Liverpool suffered defeat to Everton this evening, I will be posting a recording of myself singing It's A Grand Old Team (Everton's anthem).
Original post by Abrar21
Guys I have given Mechanics paper yesterday on Friday 16th October trust me it was hell of a life. The toughest paper I have ever appeared for. I am saying this with 100% confidence that the grade boundaries will go low. And yh I am also appearing for Maths P1. I have actually physically appeared for Jan 2020 for Edexcel exam and I got D is 1st try. Hoping for the best this time for me and everyone

All the best! Dont worry you will do great

Quick Reply

Latest