How to postpone course deferment of study

Watch
Anotheruser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Given the situation with covid19 and the uncertainty surrounding how courses will be conducted. I was wondering how to postpone my third year.
I have already enrolled and have accommodation.
My questions are:
How difficult is the process to rejoin the course?
May I be subject to payment for tuition fees?
Do you have experience of the process?
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anotheruser)
Given the situation with covid19 and the uncertainty surrounding how courses will be conducted. I was wondering how to postpone my third year.
I have already enrolled and have accommodation.
My questions are:
How difficult is the process to rejoin the course?
May I be subject to payment for tuition fees?
Do you have experience of the process?
You will need to talk to your uni as all courses will be different. Re accommodation if you have signed a tenancy agreement you will have to pay it unless you can find someone to take your place. Halls might be more flexible but I would not bet on it.
I can definitely understand your thinking though. This year is going to be awful. Daughter is starting second year and I honestly do not know what she is getting for her money, certainly not face to face teaching or access to the uni workshops.
Anotheruser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Scotney)
You will need to talk to your uni as all courses will be different. Re accommodation if you have signed a tenancy agreement you will have to pay it unless you can find someone to take your place. Halls might be more flexible but I would not bet on it.
I can definitely understand your thinking though. This year is going to be awful. Daughter is starting second year and I honestly do not know what she is getting for her money, certainly not face to face teaching or access to the uni workshops.
I believe in halls it is possible to terminate the contract early. However the tuition fees are another story. This is the issue for this year, my university is already in partial lock down
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anotheruser)
I believe in halls it is possible to terminate the contract early. However the tuition fees are another story. This is the issue for this year, my university is already in partial lock down
You do have a gift year if uni agree to let you defer. Then talk to Sfe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise