Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so i am supposed to be flying to uni in a few days and i have only got 1 class in person per week. Everything else is online.

My housemates are having people over and large gatherings and i’ve just found out about this and it has made me extremely anxious. I have people at home who are high risk so I would worry about returning home and exposing them to covid.

We had agreed that we were not going to have anyone over at the house but they have had many people over already.

I have emailed my uni and asked if this one class per week could be moved online. I am wondering should i fly to uni or stay at home if they allow me to do fully online classes?

I also worry about paying for the accommodation while i am not living there but i feel very worried about mixing with many people when i have been only mixing with my family and my boyfriend.

Please help!
AHKS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, so i am supposed to be flying to uni in a few days and i have only got 1 class in person per week. Everything else is online.

My housemates are having people over and large gatherings and i’ve just found out about this and it has made me extremely anxious. I have people at home who are high risk so I would worry about returning home and exposing them to covid.

We had agreed that we were not going to have anyone over at the house but they have had many people over already.

I have emailed my uni and asked if this one class per week could be moved online. I am wondering should i fly to uni or stay at home if they allow me to do fully online classes?

I also worry about paying for the accommodation while i am not living there but i feel very worried about mixing with many people when i have been only mixing with my family and my boyfriend.

Please help!
Are you realistically going to be going back and forth to home before the end of term? If not then the worry of picking up the virus and taking it home is not an issue unless you too are high risk.
Your housemates should not be having more than 6 people in the house (Are you sure they are and it's not just exaggeration?) And if they are then you should say you are not willing to do this when you return to live there and they must accept that.
If you don't feel comfortable, in the end it has to be your choice. Yes, you 'lose' money on rent but you would pay it if you were there too so it isn't extra expense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (105)
13.39%
I'm not sure (35)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.74%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (384)
48.98%

Watched Threads