TradLawyer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've noticed that the Lincoln's Inn Scholarship Applications system is open and I haven't seen another thread on the topic, so I thought I'd start one

For myself, I've found the process less difficult than I thought (honestly there are TC applications which are way more irritating to complete) but I am stuck on the "Any other information you think we should know" question. I honestly don't have anything to put in. Do I have to write something? Should I include hobbies? Given that all your academic and work achievements are dealt with elsewhere and your motivation, I am really lost on what to write here...
anika_sohail2204
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I'm also applying for the scholarship! I think you're right, you could probably include hobbies and interests which could link to the skills needed. For instance if you run an online business page/blog or something like that, then I guess you could mention that and explain your responsibilities and skills developed.

I might be wrong, I think I'm going to confirm this with my careers advisor!
TradLawyer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by anika_sohail2204)
Hey, I'm also applying for the scholarship! I think you're right, you could probably include hobbies and interests which could link to the skills needed. For instance if you run an online business page/blog or something like that, then I guess you could mention that and explain your responsibilities and skills developed.

I might be wrong, I think I'm going to confirm this with my careers advisor!
Well, pretty much everything would be covered under school or uni achievements/activities, hence it's pretty difficult to find anything to put in there.
Hooi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The most important thing is having good notes and past year mock questions then you will pass in one shot. Let me know!
TradLawyer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So I've just heard I've got an interview next month, but where do I get past or sample questions from? I've not seen any for Lincoln's...
AgnesWlazlo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I have my interview next month. Any ideas of what to expect?
Thanks in advance
Notmocked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is anyone waiting to hear back from Gray's? I feel like I'm going crazy waiting!
flaner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Notmocked)
Is anyone waiting to hear back from Gray's? I feel like I'm going crazy waiting!
Same - haven't heard back yet!
Notmocked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by flaner)
Same - haven't heard back yet!
I buckled and emailed them last week. Apparently they're going to be releasing the results this week sometime. Not much of it left now though 😣
Lucylaw
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I buckled and emailed them last week. Apparently they're going to be releasing the results this week sometime. Not much of it left now though 😣
😬😬 today or tomorrow if we go by office days (but I mean barristers do work weekends 😅) - I’m glad it’s not just me who’s worried I was tempted to email too 🤣 good luck everyone 🙌🏻
Notmocked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's so hard to concentrate on pupillage applications until I know one way or the other 🙈

But then again, he did say "we hope to make the results available...." so I suppose it could just be any time
Lucylaw
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's so hard to concentrate on pupillage applications until I know one way or the other 🙈

But then again, he did say "we hope to make the results available...." so I suppose it could just be any time
Anyone heard today 🤣😅
Notmocked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lucylaw)
Anyone heard today 🤣😅
Nope nothing, I'm dying inside :banghead:
caroqp
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any news? I can’t stop checking my email 😱
Lucylaw
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by caroqp)
Any news? I can’t stop checking my email 😱
Nope me either!! 😅
Lucylaw
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Nope nothing, I'm dying inside :banghead:
I can’t stop refreshing 🤣
yeltec23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anyone heard anything yet?
Painful!
Lucylaw
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by yeltec91)
Anyone heard anything yet?
Painful!
No I haven’t
caroqp
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lucylaw)
No I haven’t
Me neither!
Notmocked
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I buckled and emailed again, got an automated reply saying they "hope to release the results of the shortlist week commencing 25th January".

I'm just finding it so difficult to concentrate on pupillage applications right now, not knowing if I'm even vaguely in the ballpark
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
12.98%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.43%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.85%

Watched Threads