Getting involved in a relationship in university.

Watch
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How easy is it? Should one try or just let it happen? Will it last? Any experience? Did you have memorable relationships?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Mate, that's a question that is probably not worth asking. Whatever consensus you get (if there is one) may well serve only to disappoint you at whichever uni you end up at and whatever social circles you move in. However, statistically, uni is probably gonna be your largest ever exposure to interesting single people your own age and of your preferred sex and it's best to keep this in mind as a cause for hope, but leave it at that. Whatever happens will happen. Good luck!
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mate, that's a question that is probably not worth asking. Whatever consensus you get (if there is one) may well serve only to disappoint you at whichever uni you end up at and whatever social circles you move in. However, statistically, uni is probably gonna be your largest ever exposure to interesting single people your own age and of your preferred sex and it's best to keep this in mind as a cause for hope, but leave it at that. Whatever happens will happen. Good luck!
hmm, your statistically speaking point is most relevant
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had 3 relationships at uni - last girls now my wife.

Most people I know met their longterm partners either during their last bit of time at uni, or during their first year or two after uni. Its just a time that works for most people because its a big transition between your young life to your professional/adult life. People are trying to figure out what they want their adult life to look like, and for a lot of people that includes family, so they start to finally get serious about finding a person that will stick around forever, rather than just dating out of passion.

So yeah, the first part of uni is a great time to have some fun and play around, but the end of uni and transition into working life is the best time to find your future husband/wife.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NowAndThen)
How easy is it? Should one try or just let it happen? Will it last? Any experience? Did you have memorable relationships?
I met my husband in my first year of university, we just met by chance really.
Gatts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not this year.
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It happens a lot. But most people I know (including myself) broke up with said partners after graduation. Some people are married now though.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Easier than most times in your life but having said that, I graduated a kissless virgin so there's that
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I didn't bother in my first year I had loads of casual sex I regret nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.67%
I'm not sure (54)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.51%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.93%
I'm not a current university student (559)
48.23%

Watched Threads