Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
I meant that the fe one isnt pre order but msi is and that one is more money so after they hyped everyone up. And they didnt do more to protect bots from buying them all and im yet to actually find one person who got the fe. They also clearly didnt have as much stock as they should of even after their statement it seemed abit off with me as i didnt even see it launch on amazon and apparently in the us in shops they hadnt received the stock they were meant to get. Im new to all this so go easy on me 🙈🙈 i think after the disappointing launch people will turn to amd
The FE is just very scarce, they are expensive to make and nowhere near the sort of margin Nvidia wants. They are beastly coolers that match AIBs for better reviews, but they consequently aren't designed to be a fairly standard card like past reference designs/FEs.

Total 3080 stocks are more or less in line with previous generations though.
Last edited by Jammy Duel; 2 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Think the rtx 3080 launch was a scam as no where seemed to have much stock at all. Refreshed every site like a psycho at 2pm. By one minute past all gone. Not seen one person manage to get the fe so just thought id check here
Maybe be a bit patient? Bt scam do you mean it doesnt exist? I would get an AIB one for the better cooler although tbh id wait to see what the AMD card offers. Once the benchtests came out it was a lot less impressive, just shows you how much RTX 2000 owners were ripped off.
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AcseI)
Bingo!
Are you still considering getting one?
Pchim
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Maybe be a bit patient? Bt scam do you mean it doesnt exist? I would get an AIB one for the better cooler although tbh id wait to see what the AMD card offers. Once the benchtests came out it was a lot less impressive, just shows you how much RTX 2000 owners were ripped off.
Scam was the wrong word. More it was never meant to be able to be purchased by the regular consumer i believe. Something just seems off with it to me. Newbie so like i said in another reply go easy on me im small😂🙈
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
I meant that the fe one isnt pre order but msi is and that one is more money so after they hyped everyone up. And they didnt do more to protect bots from buying them all and im yet to actually find one person who got the fe. They also clearly didnt have as much stock as they should of even after their statement it seemed abit off with me as i didnt even see it launch on amazon and apparently in the us in shops they hadnt received the stock they were meant to get. Im new to all this so go easy on me 🙈🙈 i think after the disappointing launch people will turn to amd
So with regards to defending from bots, that's often easier said than done. It's a problem that exists elsewhere in online purchasing, and isn't one that we're likely to fix any time soon unfortunately.

Stock levels aren't really something we can comment on, as nobody here has raw numbers and it's unlikely Nvidia will release figures. You would think that since this happens with every major launch, they'd be on top of demand now. But realistically there's never going to be enough cards to go around at launch. There's only so many cards they can produce for the magnitudes more people that want them.

I'm not so sure people will turn to AMD, that's going to depend on performance and availability from team red. There's been nothing extra dispapointing about this launch compared to other major launches and it's never resulted in a mass exodus towards AMD before. And at least at the top end, I'm not expecting AMD to compete on raw performance. People who want 3080s and maybe even 3070s are fairly likely to wait it out, rather than switch to AMD. Because by the time AMD cards can realistically hit consumers, supply of high end 30 series cards is going to start picking up.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thing is AIB=better cooling doesn't really apply this generation because the FE design is *very* good, when you look at the initial AIB reviews temps are within margin of error of FE and it's not like they even have a noise advantage I'm the real world
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
I just wanted to see if anyone actually managed to get the fe as it seems only bots and influencers did. I hear that someone created a bot to bid $10000 on every single one selling on ebay to waste scalpers time :u:
the irony of those trolling the scalpers is at least some of them are using a bot to do it
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you still considering getting one?
Yes, in the sense of I'm waiting for real reviews on both cards before making any real decisions. The idea is in the back of my mind, but I won't do anything until partner cards are available (I have zero intention of touching the FE cards) and I can see performance numbers. At it's most extreme, I may end up getting both a 3080 and 3090, although that's fairly unlikely. If I can't decide, that means there's enough of reason to get a 3090, plus I budgeted for 2080Ti level pricing so it's not a huge jump.
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Scam was the wrong word. More it was never meant to be able to be purchased by the regular consumer i believe. Something just seems off with it to me. Newbie so like i said in another reply go easy on me im small😂🙈
Wait till the full becnhmark results are out and you can see what AMD have. They are still brand new and a lot of the claims have been seriously overhyped. They often do this to make it seem like demand is massive.
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Thing is AIB=better cooling doesn't really apply this generation because the FE design is *very* good, when you look at the initial AIB reviews temps are within margin of error of FE and it's not like they even have a noise advantage I'm the real world
The design is improved, but I wouldnt say it doesnt matter. The one review that HWUB have done shows a clear superiorty of their basic TUF cooler over the FE.. so your comment is at odds with the reviews.
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Here you go. Tech Jesus
Me being nice.

Paul from Not AAF

Chris from G0G
Backfiring on Nvidia

Paper launch- Lol @ Nvidia disingenuous apology. Unpredented demand lol for the 10 they put on sale.
Last edited by 999tigger; 2 months ago
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The design is improved, but I wouldnt say it doesnt matter. The one review that HWUB have done shows a clear superiorty of their basic TUF cooler over the FE.. so your comment is at odds with the reviews.
Meanwhile other reviewers with the TUF card are showing them basically the same, it is certainly close enough that you cannot very clearly say AIB better like you used to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise