roseflamingo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have no offers for uni this year and have been trying since results day. I have grades D*D*A and Foundation year don’t even want me.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
I have no offers for uni this year and have been trying since results day. I have grades D*D*A and Foundation year don’t even want me.
what subject have you been trying to apply to? at this point perhaps a gap year might be worth it.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Why do you think you have no offers?
In what?

What are you applying for and where?
When did you originally apply?
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
I applied after the January deadline during COVID-19 and have been going through clearing too but there isn’t a uni that will want me. I’ve applied for Sciences Foundation Year so I can go onto pharmacy.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied after the January deadline during COVID-19 and have been going through clearing too but there isn’t a uni that will want me. I’ve applied for Sciences Foundation Year so I can go onto pharmacy.
whats your btec and a level in?
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
whats your btec and a level in?
Applied science, health and social care and product design. As you can see, they are not suitable for year one degrees for any science degree
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applied science, health and social care and product design. As you can see, they are not suitable for year one degrees for any science degree
do you think you could try and do chemistry a level in a year, that would help you to get a place in 2021.
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
do you think you could try and do chemistry a level in a year, that would help you to get a place in 2021.
I’m struggling with that too. No one believes I can do it. My sixth form won’t let me back and I have no where else to go
barnybe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you could take a gap year and do a fast track alevel in chemistry, it'd probably open a few more doors for you
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnybe)
you could take a gap year and do a fast track alevel in chemistry, it'd probably open a few more doors for you
I’ve looked into those but no where near me offers them unfortunately
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m struggling with that too. No one believes I can do it. My sixth form won’t let me back and I have no where else to go
have you checked if there's an colleges that might let you do it? you'll have to pay but it would increase your options a fair bit.
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe doing more traditional subjects like Chemistry and Biology at your local collage could help. Pharmacy is a highly regarded competitive degree, so I don't think a BTEC would cut it I'm afraid.
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moana92)
Maybe doing more traditional subjects like Chemistry and Biology at your local collage could help. Pharmacy is a highly regarded competitive degree, so I don't think a BTEC would cut it I'm afraid.
I’ve called loads of places, colleges too but it has to be 2 years and I can’t do it in one year. Also I won’t get funding next year
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
have you checked if there's an colleges that might let you do it? you'll have to pay but it would increase your options a fair bit.
It has to be 2 years that’s what they’ve all told me so I can’t unfortunately
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
grades are no good
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tricky
tricky
tricky

could you self teach those a levels and maybe get a tutor on the side to help?
roseflamingo
Rep:
?
(Original post by karl pilkington)
grades are no good
How so? Please explain
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It has to be 2 years that’s what they’ve all told me so I can’t unfortunately
In that case, i think you should consider trying to apply for lincoln and keele's foundation years for a 2021 start, maybe try medway and ljmu too and see perhaps if you can get relevant work experience like as a dispenser in the mean time.
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How so? Please explain
you got two d's you need to try and go down a different path maybe consider learning a trade or something university is overrated anyyway.
stillgrey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
you got two d's you need to try and go down a different path maybe consider learning a trade or something university is overrated anyyway.
They're D*s so probably BTEC Distinctions (A*s)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.49%
I'm not sure (56)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (356)
29.3%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.88%
I'm not a current university student (592)
48.72%

Watched Threads