The Student Room Group

I currently have no offers

I have no offers for uni this year and have been trying since results day. I have grades D*D*A and Foundation year don’t even want me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roseflamingo
I have no offers for uni this year and have been trying since results day. I have grades D*D*A and Foundation year don’t even want me.

what subject have you been trying to apply to? at this point perhaps a gap year might be worth it.

Why do you think you have no offers?
In what?

What are you applying for and where?
When did you originally apply?
I applied after the January deadline during COVID-19 and have been going through clearing too but there isn’t a uni that will want me. I’ve applied for Sciences Foundation Year so I can go onto pharmacy.
I applied after the January deadline during COVID-19 and have been going through clearing too but there isn’t a uni that will want me. I’ve applied for Sciences Foundation Year so I can go onto pharmacy.

whats your btec and a level in?
Original post by claireestelle
whats your btec and a level in?

Applied science, health and social care and product design. As you can see, they are not suitable for year one degrees for any science degree
Applied science, health and social care and product design. As you can see, they are not suitable for year one degrees for any science degree

do you think you could try and do chemistry a level in a year, that would help you to get a place in 2021.
do you think you could try and do chemistry a level in a year, that would help you to get a place in 2021.

I’m struggling with that too. No one believes I can do it. My sixth form won’t let me back and I have no where else to go
Reply 8
you could take a gap year and do a fast track alevel in chemistry, it'd probably open a few more doors for you
Original post by barnybe
you could take a gap year and do a fast track alevel in chemistry, it'd probably open a few more doors for you

I’ve looked into those but no where near me offers them unfortunately
I’m struggling with that too. No one believes I can do it. My sixth form won’t let me back and I have no where else to go

have you checked if there's an colleges that might let you do it? you'll have to pay but it would increase your options a fair bit.
Maybe doing more traditional subjects like Chemistry and Biology at your local collage could help. Pharmacy is a highly regarded competitive degree, so I don't think a BTEC would cut it I'm afraid.
Original post by Moana92
Maybe doing more traditional subjects like Chemistry and Biology at your local collage could help. Pharmacy is a highly regarded competitive degree, so I don't think a BTEC would cut it I'm afraid.

I’ve called loads of places, colleges too but it has to be 2 years and I can’t do it in one year. Also I won’t get funding next year
have you checked if there's an colleges that might let you do it? you'll have to pay but it would increase your options a fair bit.

It has to be 2 years that’s what they’ve all told me so I can’t unfortunately
grades are no good
tricky
tricky
tricky

could you self teach those a levels and maybe get a tutor on the side to help?
Original post by karl pilkington
grades are no good

How so? Please explain
It has to be 2 years that’s what they’ve all told me so I can’t unfortunately

In that case, i think you should consider trying to apply for lincoln and keele's foundation years for a 2021 start, maybe try medway and ljmu too and see perhaps if you can get relevant work experience like as a dispenser in the mean time.
How so? Please explain

you got two d's you need to try and go down a different path maybe consider learning a trade or something university is overrated anyyway.
Original post by karl pilkington
you got two d's you need to try and go down a different path maybe consider learning a trade or something university is overrated anyyway.

They're D*s so probably BTEC Distinctions (A*s)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending