ViktoriyaPetrov
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m interested in either doing psychology or criminology at uni. What is the course like? Someone told me you dissect animals in pscychology as I would HATE to do that!! Please tell me that is a joke!! Thank you so much
Advertisement
OliviaH_00
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can do Psychology with Criminology at some Uni’s
ViktoriyaPetrov
Rep:
?
(Original post by OliviaH_00)
You can do Psychology with Criminology at some Uni’s
Thanks 😁
Advertisement
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You dont dissect animals in a psychology degree.
At least not in my experience

a BPS accredited Psychology degree would open up more doors than just criminology, but depends on what you want to do as a career
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one dissects animals in a Psychology degree, don't worry

Do you have any idea what you want to do in the future?
Advertisement
ViktoriyaPetrov
Rep:
?
Thanks for your replies! That’s a great relief! I don’t know what to do in the future so I appreciate your advice 😃
toni_bennett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

I am currently doing a Criminology and Psychology degree which may be something you might want to think about if you are not sure as having both would open up a few more career opportunities later down the line! Doing a joint course is great as you learn expertise from two different standpoints and might help you to realize what it actually is that you would be interesting in pursuing! This may be something worth looking into

Toni,
Arden University Student Ambassador
Advertisement
ViktoriyaPetrov
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by toni_bennett)
Hi there!

I am currently doing a Criminology and Psychology degree which may be something you might want to think about if you are not sure as having both would open up a few more career opportunities later down the line! Doing a joint course is great as you learn expertise from two different standpoints and might help you to realize what it actually is that you would be interesting in pursuing! This may be something worth looking into

Toni,
Thank you - that’s a great idea! Are joint courses any harder than a single course?
JellyBurger676
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ViktoriyaPetrov)
Thank you - that’s a great idea! Are joint courses any harder than a single course?
I don't think so - I think in joint honours degrees you have the time divided - and sometimes you can choose to spend more time on one than the other if thats what you decide to do and are allowed.
Advertisement
toni_bennett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I obviously don't have experience of a single course but I don't believe it is harder per say but just that the modules you are given are split between the two rather than having modules focusing solely on one! With my course, there is no options of modules so I am given 6 modules a year to learn, with about half relating to Psychology and half Criminology. I know that some universities offer optional choices and so you may have the opportunity to do more Psychology based or Criminology based modules if you choose, but that would be up to you and what modules sound interesting enough to you!

The hard part, to some, may just be having to learn two different areas of expertise rather than just one!

Toni,
Arden University
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m interested in either doing psychology or criminology at uni. What is the course like? Someone told me you dissect animals in pscychology as I would HATE to do that!! Please tell me that is a joke!! Thank you so much
Hi ViktoriyaPetrov,

We ran some Taster webinars on both of these subjects a couple of months back. They give an overview of the courses and also involve mini taster lectures so they may help with your decision-making? FYI we don't do a straight Criminology course - just Criminology & Psychology.

Psychology Taster Webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...64308011564296
Criminology & Psychology Taster Webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...95847798784526

Thanks,
Amy
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.6%
I'm not sure (32)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.59%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (350)
48.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed