wes3214
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've heard that UNIQ is a really good thing to do if you want to apply to Oxford. But just how influential is it if you put it in your application to Oxford, and does it make you stand out amongst others?
eaaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm pretty sure it plays no part whatsoever in how much you stand out. UNIQ is more beneficial for gauging whether Oxford is right for you and whether the course is what you actually want to do. It may also be useful if you went to a lecture or learnt something during the residential that you want to put in your personal statement. I don't think going to UNIQ increases your chance of getting at all. I for one, didn't get a place in the residential (I got on UNIQ digital though) but I'm now going into my first year at ox. I know people who went and didn't get in, people who went and didn't apply to ox in the end, people who went and got in and people who didn't go to UNIQ (at all), but got in. So bottom line, UNIQ is great and a good learning experience but not because it gives you a one up in the application process.
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It has no formal influence on admissions. However what you do during UNIQ may help increase your subject knowledge or give you another way of thinking which may he useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.33%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.15%

Watched Threads