I've been feeling down

Watch
e u p h o r i a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I’m not exactly asking for advice, i just want someone to listen. I’ve been feeling down lately. I feel like living just isn’t necessary. My parents are divorced and COVID 19 has been terrible. My emotions are a mess. When my mum asks if I’m ok, i just say yes. But in reality I’m not. I want to scream, yell and rant about every single negative thing in my life. But i can’t do that otherwise my family will also feel down. Any advice or suggestions?
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 month ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
replace your negative thoughts with positive ones
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by e u p h o r i a)
Hi. I’m not exactly asking for advice, i just want someone to listen. I’ve been feeling down lately. I feel like living just isn’t necessary. My parents are divorced and COVID 19 has been terrible. My emotions are a mess. When my mum asks if I’m ok, i just say yes. But in reality I’m not. I want to scream, yell and rant about every single negative thing in my life. But i can’t do that otherwise my family will also feel down. Any advice or suggestions?
Feeling down is temporary. Things will get better.
I think that staying indoors a lot of the time due to COVID is a reason why.
You should try going outside for a walk, or talk to friends etc. (Those always cheer me up)
Also, don't pity yourself, or wonder how bad your life is. Instead, think about all the wonderful things you may do in the future e.g. create a travelling list or something.

I too have points where I feel really down and depressed (post-depression phase I believe).

Hope for the best
Ameba
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's okay to feel down. I've been feeling the same way too. It makes sense in your situation.
I don't really have much advice other than to just accept it. The world is a *****y place right now and we will all be feeling down.
If possible, experiment and try to see if something makes you feel better. If that doesn't work then consider seeking professional help.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Scream into your pillow at night and act like you don't care during the day. This helps with your mental health.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.09%

Watched Threads