Repeating year 12 with different subjects- do unis dislike that?

Watch
Achia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If I was to retake year 12 with a completely different combination of subjects, would I be disadvantaged in the chances of an offer (especially Russel group / Oxbridge)? It's not an actual resit, I'm planning to do well in my current year (y12- Psychology, Biology, Philosophy) but if I change my mind about my subjects, I will retake year 12 next Sept. with Maths, Physics and Chem instead.
I have read that Oxbridge does not like students resitting the same subjects, but it's different in my case though.
Thoughts?
ghjajkfa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If your new subjects are related to what you wanted to do at university then it wouldn't be a problem. However, if you changed subjects and then applied to Psychology at university, for example, it might be questioned as to why when you have already decided to not pursue that. As long as the new subjects coincide with university and career ambition I can see no issues.
Achia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
ghjajkfa no, I will not be applying for psychology with the new subjects. Its good to hear then, i was worried they wouldn't pay as much attention to me as I would be older than most students at the time of my application idk. Thanks for the reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads