Repeating year 12 with different subjects- do unis dislike that?

Watch
Achia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If I was to retake year 12 with a completely different combination of subjects, would I be disadvantaged in the chances of an offer (especially Russel group / Oxbridge)? It's not an actual resit, I'm planning to do well in my current year (y12- Psychology, Biology, Philosophy) but if I change my mind about my subjects, I will retake year 12 next Sept. with Maths, Physics and Chem instead.
I have read that Oxbridge does not like students resitting the same subjects, but it's different in my case though.
Thoughts?
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you have not submitted a UCAS application, they will never really know about it - as you have not achieved any qualifications to declare on UCAS. Wprst case scenario is you get asked about that one year in Oxbridge interviews in the context of what you did. In other cases, no. If your interests change, it's good you've realised them early enough.

If you have submitted a UCAS application, then you will need to wait for your offers to come back, and take your next steps from there. Do you want to change courses as well ( if ucas submitted )?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most wouldn’t care if it is a complete change of subjects. You may get asked about your apparent gap in study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
16.03%
I'm not sure (8)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.84%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (129)
44.95%

Watched Threads