can't attend any of the arrival slots!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm staring next week! I was giving an email to book a time slot to arrive, but all the ones that we could do where booked. I don't know what to do, I can only arrive on the weekend because my parents want to drop me but they can't get time of from work. However, there are no spaces available on the weekend anymore! Any one know what I can do please?
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't have to book if you're arriving by public transport but if you're planning to arrive by car, I would email them and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll understand
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm staring next week! I was giving an email to book a time slot to arrive, but all the ones that we could do where booked. I don't know what to do, I can only arrive on the weekend because my parents want to drop me but they can't get time of from work. However, there are no spaces available on the weekend anymore! Any one know what I can do please?
I guess you should email/call the halls and discuss it with them? But you're an adult now, and your life shouldn't depend on your parents schedules.
dunyasimoes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's a bit harsh in my view. its the absolute norm for parents to take their child/the child wanting the parents to them to uni moving in day. so a perfectly reasonable concern if I'm honest
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you for understanding... I’m so nervous 😅
(Original post by dunyasimoes)
that's a bit harsh in my view. its the absolute norm for parents to take their child/the child wanting the parents to them to uni moving in day. so a perfectly reasonable concern if I'm honest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.97%
I'm not sure (8)
2.78%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.72%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (130)
45.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise