The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

MSc Mental Health Nursing - UWS Lanarkshire 2021 applications

Scroll to see replies

If they asked for proof of your qualifications then that sounds as though they are interested in your application, I’ve emailed to ask when my numeracy test will be and if you can use a calculator and I got told they are very busy and will be in touch. You should keep chasing it up though. I’ll post on here if I hear anything else, you can keep me posted on how you get on too x
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Thanks. I hope you get some news soon too. I just sit checking my emails all day haha, it’s consuming me. I’m going to email the student recruitment today. I’ll message on here if they get back to me. Xx
Original post by LisaDevlin
Did you just do one test with two parts? Also do they give you an indication of what things to revise prior to the test? Thanks x

Hiya yes the email gave a link to the rough topics to revise from Bitesize. And yes it was one test with two papers x
Thanks, that’s good that they gave you a guide as to what to look over! Did you find it very hard? I’m so nervous about it, maths is definitely my weakest subject, hopefully lots of practice helps!
Original post by LisaDevlin
Thanks, that’s good that they gave you a guide as to what to look over! Did you find it very hard? I’m so nervous about it, maths is definitely my weakest subject, hopefully lots of practice helps!

Yes I felt the same but it wasn’t as intimidating as I thought :smile: good luck! x
Hello just to update you all I got my unconditional offer out today so hopefully they’ll get round everyone soon :smile: x
Amazing! Well done 👍🏼X
Hey everyone, I’m new to this forum but I just got my unconditional offer a couple of hours ago 😊 Glad they are starting to be sent out now x
Original post by sarahm673
Hey everyone, I’m new to this forum but I just got my unconditional offer a couple of hours ago 😊 Glad they are starting to be sent out now x

Congratulations Sarah! See you in September! x
Reply 49
Hey, I accepted my offer last week. I'm so glad the waiting is over!
Reply 50
Original post by sarahm673

Cogratulations! See you in September 😊
Reply 51
Original post by alexybee
Hello just to update you all I got my unconditional offer out today so hopefully they’ll get round everyone soon :smile: x

Congratulations, see you in September 👏
Congrats everyone. I decided to go to Stirling for the undergrad course. I couldn’t stand the waiting for UWS anymore 🤦🏼*♀️.
Reply 53
Hey, can anyone let me know if they had a group interview, I just got one through for March!
Original post by Loz365
Hey, can anyone let me know if they had a group interview, I just got one through for March!

Yes, I had mine online last year. It was via teams and a link was sent out beforehand with plenty time to prepare. Don’t worry too much and just be yourself. Have a wee look over what the 6 c’s mean and you’ll be fine. They just really want to see that you’re a genuinely caring person and you’ll be asked some scenario questions. There will be around 6 or seven other applicants in the interview so you won’t feel alone.
@Loz365

Hey, I had a group interview last year over teams and currently a student on this course. Read up about the NMC code it guides your whole nursing practice, therapeutic relationships, person centred care and the 6 C’s, just show you’re passionate about the course and about compassionate care. Most of all just be yourself!!! Good Luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending