Ciara0720
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys,

I might apply to Trinity College Dublin to read English (currently on a gap year with A*A*A*A at A level) - could anyone give me a quick overview of how the points system works please, whether or not I'd be competitive and opinions/experiences of the college/uni?

Thanks, have a great day 🙂
magicmark1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
https://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=scoring&s=gce

You’d have 593 points 185x3 for your 3 A*s and another 38 for your 4th A-level (very little benefit for the 4th in CAO points).

TR023 - English Studies was 487 points for entry this year so you have plenty of points.

I went there a long time ago, but my eldest is going into his 3rd year and loves it. My youngest is about to start there next week. It’s an amazing campus bang in the centre of a young and vibrant city, although Covid has put a bit of a dampener on things.
Last edited by magicmark1; 2 months ago
Ana Bellew
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I currently attend Trinity and I absolutely love it.
ajiang
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ana Bellew)
I currently attend Trinity and I absolutely love it.
Hi! I'm an international student preparing to apply to TCD (classical civilisation), but I'm not sure about my fee status. I am a Chinese citizen but have been living in Italy since 2018 (my parents are not in Italy so I'm basically living alone), so will they consider me as an EU applicant or an international one? I have been very keen on this matter since, as you know, my fee status will make a significant difference in Ireland.
By the way, do you by any chance know some classicists at TCD? How is their joint honour programme like? I couldn't find any information on their website about their joint programme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads