issi05
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve just been given my target grades and they are only 3s and 4! It says these are the minimum grade I should be aiming to achieve! What does that mean? And if they’re my predicted grades and we have another lockdown and no GCSE exams again I’m buggered! I thought the predicted grades wouldn’t come out until the mocks or at least the assessments but we’ve got them the second week after we’ve just gone back from lockdown !
no-name-user
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't worry about it. Predicted grades don't mean much.

Although given the current situation, work hard on all homeworks, all classwork and especially revise for any tests or quizzes, no matter how small they are.

Just incase you're still worrying, most people I know got either representative or slightly higher than what they were expecting in their GCSEs.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
These are target grades, based on the average students' progress from KS2 SATS, not predictions. Predicted grades will be made later based on the work you do and can be very different to the targets.
issi05
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
These are target grades, based on the average students' progress from KS2 SATS, not predictions. Predicted grades will be made later based on the work you do and can be very different to the targets.
Thank you that puts my mind at ease coz I’m sure I’ll get much higher grades in the mocks
issi05
Rep:
?
(Original post by no-name-user)
Don't worry about it. Predicted grades don't mean much.

Although given the current situation, work hard on all homeworks, all classwork and especially revise for any tests or quizzes, no matter how small they are.

Just incase you're still worrying, most people I know got either representative or slightly higher than what they were expecting in their GCSEs.
Thanks for replying I’ll definitely take what you've said on board
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.04%
I'm not sure (14)
3.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
34.04%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (173)
45.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise