The Student Room Group

Student Flats suggestions

Hi! I’m a new student at MMU, this year I’m commuting as I only have to be on campus once a week, but next year I’d really like to move out. I’m hoping by then I’ll have made tight enough bonds with a few people who I’d like to get a flat with.
Student accommodations suggested by the uni, are either too expensive, too far from the uni or don’t offer en suites or at least 1 bathroom between two, rather than more people sharing it. Plus it would sort of be a random allocation, and you might end up with people you will not get on with or don’t care about keeping the place tidy. Which I guess is a risk that may happen with your friends too, but oh wells.
After this long rant, I wanted to ask which sites should I look at to find a 3 bedroom flat that isn’t too expensive, and also near the city centre.
I’ve looked at a few but I’d like more suggestions from people that actually may have lived in Manchester, are currently living there as there can’t be better advice than from students themselves.
Thank you to anyone that replies! It’ll be really appreciated
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m a new student at MMU, this year I’m commuting as I only have to be on campus once a week, but next year I’d really like to move out. I’m hoping by then I’ll have made tight enough bonds with a few people who I’d like to get a flat with.
Student accommodations suggested by the uni, are either too expensive, too far from the uni or don’t offer en suites or at least 1 bathroom between two, rather than more people sharing it. Plus it would sort of be a random allocation, and you might end up with people you will not get on with or don’t care about keeping the place tidy. Which I guess is a risk that may happen with your friends too, but oh wells.
After this long rant, I wanted to ask which sites should I look at to find a 3 bedroom flat that isn’t too expensive, and also near the city centre.
I’ve looked at a few but I’d like more suggestions from people that actually may have lived in Manchester, are currently living there as there can’t be better advice than from students themselves.
Thank you to anyone that replies! It’ll be really appreciated

Have a look for student agencies e.g. Beech Properties. Also, if you want it near the city centre, it will be expensive. Transport links in Manchester are very good so living a bit further out will be absolutely fine. It can be tricky to find student houses which are less than 4 bedrooms. I don't remember seeing many 3 beds. Most were either 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or even 9 beds, but if you start looking early (i.e. now) you might find something.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have a look for student agencies e.g. Beech Properties. Also, if you want it near the city centre, it will be expensive. Transport links in Manchester are very good so living a bit further out will be absolutely fine. It can be tricky to find student houses which are less than 4 bedrooms. I don't remember seeing many 3 beds. Most were either 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or even 9 beds, but if you start looking early (i.e. now) you might find something.

Hey thanks for replying,
I understand everything you’re saying and you are right, it will be hard
Do you know any agencies that still work with students but the flats aren’t necessarily student accommodations?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey thanks for replying,
I understand everything you’re saying and you are right, it will be hard
Do you know any agencies that still work with students but the flats aren’t necessarily student accommodations?

I don't sorry, I only looked specifically for flats/houses for students. Good luck in your search :smile:
Reply 4
I don't sorry, I only looked specifically for flats/houses for students. Good luck in your search :smile:

Oh that’s fine! Thank you so much for your help still, I appreciated it
Reply 5

Oh that’s fine! Thank you so much for your help still, I appreciated it

Quick Reply

Latest