Wearing a skirt to school

Watch
Lilymae69
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So in primary school i wore a skirt to school but in secondary school ive only worn trousers. Im in yr 10 rn. Should i start wearing a skirt because theyre more comfortable to school? but im scared ppl would point it out since i never wore one before in secondary. what do u think?
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one will notice lol just wear whatever makes you comfortable
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People are less critical than you think. If it's comfortable and doesn't look silly people won't comment disparagingly even if they do comment.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you wearba bozo the clown outfit, no-one particularly cares what you wear.

Being yourself in your fashion sense is what's important.
Last edited by JustOneMoreThing; 1 month ago
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eaphysics)
No one will notice lol just wear whatever makes you comfortable
They will think im trying to be popular or something
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rufus the red)
People are less critical than you think. If it's comfortable and doesn't look silly people won't comment disparagingly even if they do comment.
thanks i just have really bad anxiety about everything i do
Demi 6.0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lilymae69)
thanks i just have really bad anxiety about everything i do
No one cares
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Demi 6.0)
No one cares
Ok but you dont have to be rude??????
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Unless you wearba bozo the clown outfit, no-one particularly cares what you wear.

Being yourself in your fashion sense is what's important.
Lol like 40% of girls in my school wear skirts but the school is strict so most wear trousers
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So in primary school i wore a skirt to school but in secondary school ive only worn trousers. Im in yr 10 rn. Should i start wearing a skirt because theyre more comfortable to school? but im scared ppl would point it out since i never wore one before in secondary. what do u think?
People may point it out on the first day, but nobody really cares. I used to constantly wear my hair in a ponytail for years 7-10 and then in year 11 I decided to start wearing it down and for the first few days as people saw me they made comments but then the newness of it went away and nobody cared.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol like 40% of girls in my school wear skirts but the school is strict so most wear trousers
Well, there you go then, no need to be self-conscious.
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
People may point it out on the first day, but nobody really cares. I used to constantly wear my hair in a ponytail for years 7-10 and then in year 11 I decided to start wearing it down and for the first few days as people saw me they made comments but then the newness of it went away and nobody cared.
thanks this made me feel better
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Well, there you go then, no need to be self-conscious.
thank you
zetasigma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes! Do it! If it makes you happier, even if they do react, just laugh and move on.
I was like you in school - always wore trousers, then when I wore a skirt I felt so self-conscious. My friends would point out I was wearing one. Honestly, just ignore anything they say - good or bad - and wear what makes you feel more you! (As long as it's the school dress code haha)

With your anxiety - I hope it gets better soon. It takes a lot of work and willpower but you can overcome it, with time and a lot of self-care xx
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetasigma)
Yes! Do it! If it makes you happier, even if they do react, just laugh and move on.
I was like you in school - always wore trousers, then when I wore a skirt I felt so self-conscious. My friends would point out I was wearing one. Honestly, just ignore anything they say - good or bad - and wear what makes you feel more you! (As long as it's the school dress code haha)

With your anxiety - I hope it gets better soon. It takes a lot of work and willpower but you can overcome it, with time and a lot of self-care xx
Omg thank you so much!! you seem like a lovely person! btw what year did u start wearing skirts??
zetasigma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg thank you so much!! you seem like a lovely person! btw what year did u start wearing skirts??
Aw thank you! I don't remember what year. Maybe Year 9? I'm not sure, I got ill shortly after and had to leave school.

Okay so I just wanted to tell you, life gets so complicated, beyond school. Everything that happens there may seem huge and dramatic now, but I promise, little things like this will just fade as you get older. It will be less important & you'll probably have no recollection of it! So take it as easy as you can, and try not to stress about skirts
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the last time i wore a skirt was when I was 8
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetasigma)
Aw thank you! I don't remember what year. Maybe Year 9? I'm not sure, I got ill shortly after and had to leave school.

Okay so I just wanted to tell you, life gets so complicated, beyond school. Everything that happens there may seem huge and dramatic now, but I promise, little things like this will just fade as you get older. It will be less important & you'll probably have no recollection of it! So take it as easy as you can, and try not to stress about skirts
Thank you soo much! Have a great day!
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlackkQueen12)
the last time i wore a skirt was when I was 8
I was 11 the last time i wore one for school in 2017 when i was in yr 6. So like 3 years ago. Im turning 15 on the 23rd now
DonTalkToMe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're overthinking it too much. Some may notice, some many not. Either way its just a skirt. I guarantee the most that will happen is someone will compliment you, someone will ask how come you switched and you can respond with you wanted a little change!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.09%

Watched Threads