millieahx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone help me with this question please, I just keep getting it wrong!In this question, i and j are the standard unit vectors in the Ox and Oy directions.An object has initial position (2i – j) m and velocity (-i 4j) ms-1It has a constant acceleration of (2i 5j) ms-2Calculate the object’s velocity and position after four seconds.
Plücker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by millieahx)
Can someone help me with this question please, I just keep getting it wrong!In this question, i and j are the standard unit vectors in the Ox and Oy directions.An object has initial position (2i – j) m and velocity (-i 4j) ms-1It has a constant acceleration of (2i 5j) ms-2Calculate the object’s velocity and position after four seconds.
What have you done? Since you're getting it wrong you must have something to show us.
millieahx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Plücker)
What have you done? Since you're getting it wrong you must have something to show us.
sure. I've figured out how to get v, which I used the v=u+at formula for: v=-1i+4j+4(2i+5j) which equals 7i+24j. However when I try to work out r I get 12i+56j. I put it into the r=ut+1/2at^2 formula to get this, but that's not the answer.
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by millieahx)
sure. I've figured out how to get v, which I used the v=u+at formula for: v=-1i+4j+4(2i+5j) which equals 7i+24j. However when I try to work out r I get 12i+56j. I put it into the r=ut+1/2at^2 formula to get this, but that's not the answer.
Did you add on the initial position to your calculated displacement?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.53%
I'm not sure (36)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.59%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (387)
48.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise